yconic - Hi Everyone! I need your awesome help!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Hi Everyone! I need your awesome help!!!

A photo of canadaguy123 canadaguy123
[size=7]Hi Everyone! I need your awesome help!!![/size]

I only applied to University of Calgary and University of British Columbia(Vancouver Campus and I am a BC student). So, basically I paid more than 100 dollars in each school. My first choice is University of Calgary(BHSc, Biomedical Sciences). I also applied to [color=blue]UBC[/color](Science) just for my back up school. However, it seems that I don't want to go to U of C anymore because I am still waiting for their admission which will happen in August. UBC already accepted and is offering me a $2500 scholarship. They sent this proof of enrolment and I have to pay for 250 bucks by June 2nd if I am going to accept their offer.
Furthermore, I am planning to pay $50 residence fee to U of C but there is something in my mind that stops me from applying to U of C. If I am going to pay $50 to U of C and will be granted a residence room. I have to pay $1000 deposit but I am not yet accepted in their program because they told me over the phone that they will grant me an admission as soon as they will recieve my final transcript, which is around August. Meanwhile, UBC wanted me to pay the $250 deposit, ttwo days after U of C wants me to pay my residence deposit. I am now confused!!!

If you guys are in my situation. Which university are you going to choose? UBC or U of C just based on my tough situation!! I know both schools are great but the thing is, I will be wasting so much money if I'll pay all the things they wanted me to pay. It's like throwing money in the trash(they are all non-refundable)!!

*Anyway, I am planning to apply to medical school after my undergrad. This might help you to decide which school might be the best for me!! :)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@canadaguy123 wrote
[size=7]Hi Everyone! I need your awesome help!!![/size]

I only applied to University of Calgary and University of British Columbia(Vancouver Campus and I am a BC student). So, basically I paid more than 100 dollars in each school. My first choice is University of Calgary(BHSc, Biomedical Sciences). I also applied to [color=blue]UBC[/color](Science) just for my back up school. However, it seems that I don't want to go to U of C anymore because I am still waiting for their admission which will happen in August. UBC already accepted and is offering me a $2500 scholarship. They sent this proof of enrolment and I have to pay for 250 bucks by June 2nd if I am going to accept their offer.
Furthermore, I am planning to pay $50 residence fee to U of C but there is something in my mind that stops me from applying to U of C. If I am going to pay $50 to U of C and will be granted a residence room. I have to pay $1000 deposit but I am not yet accepted in their program because they told me over the phone that they will grant me an admission as soon as they will recieve my final transcript, which is around August. Meanwhile, UBC wanted me to pay the $250 deposit, ttwo days after U of C wants me to pay my residence deposit. I am now confused!!!

If you guys are in my situation. Which university are you going to choose? UBC or U of C just based on my tough situation!! I know both schools are great but the thing is, I will be wasting so much money if I'll pay all the things they wanted me to pay. It's like throwing money in the trash(they are all non-refundable)!!

*Anyway, I am planning to apply to medical school after my undergrad. This might help you to decide which school might be the best for me!! :)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

I would personally recommend UBC because I think it would look better on a med school application given its international reputation/prestige.
Was this helpful? Yes 0