yconic - High School Class of 2016 Offers of Admission
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

High School Class of 2016 Offers of Admission

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The Applications thread is pretty cluttered so I was thinking we could start this thread to make it easier to view when others are accepted to programs you've applied to! 

Please include in your post:
- Program
- Date of offer
- Date of application
- Admission average (Grade 11, first semester, second semester midterm - whatever was used in determining admission qualifications)
- Province
- Any supplementary information (Ex. ECs if they're required on application, predictions about quality of essays/responses)
- Any other information you deem appropriate!

Good luck guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 7
1917 replies

Anyone get into western Med Sci wanna share their averages?? I have a 89.4 and not sure if I will get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You probably won't get in. The cutoff for last year was 90 so the cutoff will either stay the same or go up this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are you sure because a friend of mine got in in March with a 89 avg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you filled out the extracurricular profile with good ECs I think you have a good shot. Even without it, it's still possible
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Your friend must have calculated their average wrong because the cutoff for early acceptance was a 93
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Has anyone here already heard from UTSG CS? They said it's the 19th right? But I haven't heard from them yet...

Or is UTSG waiting til the very last day of May before they send decisions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got into UTM Comp sci, I applied to UTSG tho
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Spots are full, sorry mate.  They're deferring people to UTSC now, so unless you got in before May that's pretty much out of the question now no matter how high your marks are.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Applied to:
Waterloo Software Engineering
UTSG Computer Engineering
UOIT Software Engineering
McMaster Engineering I (Co-op) 

Received:
Nothing from UW (no denial either)
UTSC Computer science (alternate)
UOIT Software Engineering
McMaster Engineering I (Co-op)

Average: 94.5 (top 6)
Applicant type: 101
Average ECs

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Might want to ask Waterloo about putting you on the wait list for SoftEng--those offers were sent out a couple weeks ago, acceptance packages were just received.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That is so weird! I have a much lower average and got a march acceptance to utsg comp sci...
Btw did you hear back from Waterloo yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's because UofT didn't manage their spots properly and spaces are full for UTSG compsci.  So yeah, theoretically people could have gotten in with 90 in March while even if you have a 99 now you're out of luck.  

And honestly sorry but unless poster goes to a school that gets a positive grade adjustment from Waterloo Eng there's a very very small chance he/she got in with a 94.5% and "average" ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ontario student, 101 applicant
Applied to:
U of T SG - Kinesiology, Life Sciences  (accepted to both in Feb with 87%)
Western - Health Sciences (accepted in Feb with 87%)
McMaster Health Sciences (rejected)
McMaster Life Sciences (pending)
McMaster Medical Radiation (pending)

It is May 23rd and I've yet to recieve an email about my two pending McMaster offers. I check MOSAIC like every single hour hoping to find a single change to my student center profile. I'd like to believe I was most likely rejected (I screwed around a lot before the midterm reports and so my average dropped) but I'm hoping anyone out there with averages around the cut-offs (both 87%) could let me know if they have received acceptances, rejections or even information about a waitlist SINCE May 15th (the supposed date which offers stopped being sent out).
Thanks yall :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm in the same boat as you. I applied to Computer Science at McMaster, my Mosaic is still "pending" all that I was told from admissions is that I will know the decision by the 27th, I highly doubt i'll be getting an acceptance that late though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey!
I got my McMaster Life science May 11th with the avg of 87.5%. Why dont u email them and ask if anything is wrong with your application? Cuz I saw some people got their acceptances with 87%. 
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I have 94.5 top 6 avg and still have not received a decision from Mac compsci or eng and its nearing the end of end of may! Anyone else in the same position??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you had a 94.5 average for eng or comp sci, you should considering emailing or calling admissions because your well above the cutoff for both programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Nursing at seneca/york- got offered admission on May 6 and i applied in early january! average in second sem was 83
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Aaaaand it's June 2nd. Congrats to everyone for getting accepted to uni!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What about me who didn't get into any....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^Anon what is your plan? College, Grade 13 or gap year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I didn't get into Lakehead, Algoma, Ryerson, and Conestoga so rip.... I think I'll just go kill myself
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Don't think like that. Take a year off high school and maybe work a part-time job. This isn't the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I dont want to though... all my friends are leaving me and I just feel like I have no purpose. I want to end
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^Anon the ouac website will start listing vacancies in programs starting on Monday. YOU CAN STILL GET IN. Also try talking to a guidance counselor - they know the system really well and can determine a good path for you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes!!! They still is a chance and check the website for any openings and your Guidance councellor may have some ideas. Hang in there. Even if you do an additional year to bring up marks it will be worth it. You will increase your marks and have an excellent chance next year. Hang in there!! Check OUAC!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted to medicinal chemistry and science and business in uni of Waterloo and computing and computer electronics in Laurier ? What should I choose ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Both are very different programs. Look at the courses that each program takes and see if you like them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Umm yes .... I have interest in both but which one has a better scope ? Is Laurier  good for the course ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well Waterloo isn't well known for business and Laurier isn't well known for computing. I'd lean towards computing because there will be more available jobs and most companies don't care where you got your undergrad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ohk thank you so much
Was this helpful? Yes 0

HI guys, I got an offer from UTM Life Sci, Ryerson for Biomedical they apparently put me on a waitlist and I am waiting for McMaster Social Sci. I didn't get into Life Sci McMaster due to some school issues, they delayed my document so I got rejected because spots were filled. 

I actually in two years, I am planning on going to waterloo for school of pharmacy, I love McMaster, It is my dream school and I have always, legit always wanted to go there. The school of pharmacy said they don't really require students to go to specific programs, the student should just have the right courses, like chem, bio, eng, social sci/humanities. I am just sooo confused on what to chose UTM or Mac. 

One of the advisor had also told she can switch me to Life Sci the next year after Social sci. I am in a huge dilemma may someone help me out? What path should I go to?  
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Pharmacy is reay hard to get into. I would suggest picking the school with the best clubs and social atmosphere. You will be more likely to volunteer and take risks at a school that you genuinely enjoy. Academically Mac and UTM are basically the same, so don't worry about which is the 'better program'
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Oh okay, The thing is that. I love Mac, but I wish I got into Life Sci there, and UTM is very close by and I can drive but its such a small campus it's nice tho. 

So, do you think If I chose Mac and do Social Sci, a year and take electives as bio, chem and what ever is required and take summer school then transfer to life sci the next year would it be better, or should I just stick to life sci UTM. 
 The only thing i am concerned is will social sci allow me to pursue as a pharmacist even if I take it for a year just to get into life sci? will it be harder?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't count on getting a transfer. It is really hard since a lot of people want to do it. Don't make it overly complex and pick UTM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how hard is it to get a transfer? from social sci to life sci
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You woukd need a competitive GPA and even then you have to compete with other people to get in. I'm not sure just how hard it will be but to be safe, don't assume you will get the transfer. If you accept it, thinking you will transfer out, then you will be stuck in social sci if the transfer is denied.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're screwed with any of those degrees if you don't get into pharmacy school lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

is 81 for grade 11 pre calc too low for ryerson fashion program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lel
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lel?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Applied to:
Waterloo(kinesiology, math, honoured science)
Alberta(kinesiology)

Accepted:
Alberta(kinesiology) avg 80%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lel
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi! Question for you- did you just get an offer yesterday for the U of A? And was it an exact 80? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Has anyone here done ENG4U E-Learning
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I did this past summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How hard is it
Was this helpful? Yes 1

MAKE UR OWN THREAD. THIS IS FOR 2016 PEEPS!!
Was this helpful? Yes 3

A thread has been made
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone got in for UofT math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

2017 is in a different thread!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted to both Carleton university and Dalhousie university. 

Carleton- Biochemistry sciences 12,000 scholarship with 1,000 on top (accepted January 4th) 
Dalhousie- Bachelor of science- still need to hand in scholarship form (accepted January 17th) 

I applied to both schools on December 30th, in grade 11 had an average of 94 and this year so far I have an average of around 94.5 which I hope to improve! I'm from Ontario as well... Good luck to all of you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted to Laurier and Ryerson

Laurier - Communications (accepted early January)
Ryerson - Business Management and Retail Management (accepted January 25)

I applied mid-november for ryerson and mid-december for Laurier

Grade 11 average was an 89 (92 including co-op and marketing)
Grade 12 Sem 1 average is currently at 91
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0