yconic - High school courses opinions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

High school courses opinions?

A photo of MrTryHard MrTryHard
Note: I have posted this topic before, but just wanted to get more peoples insights.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, my names Bobby and I am currently in grade 11 with an average of 81% atm(Would have been higher, just not that good at functions). I am planning to do criminology after high school, and get a job as either a police officer/investigator/lawyer. Anyways, I was wondering if I could get your guys opinions on the following courses, and tell me if I am heading in the correct direction.

CGW4U0 Canadian and World Issues: A Geographic Analysis
BBB4M0 International Business Fundamentals
ENG4U0 English
CLN4U0 Canadian and International Law
PSE4U0 Exercise Science
SNC4M0 Science

Any helpful advice would be good :) Also, I am doing English at a private school this summer. I finished off with a 74 in English this year, and since it's the only thing I really need I was hoping to do it in private school to achieve a higher grade. Any opinions on this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
Good Selection (for your career path)

I would recommend you to have a year like this

1st Semester
CGW 4U0
SNC 4M0
PSE 4U0

I think these courses relate science even the geography course.

2nd Semester

BBB 4M0
CLN 4U0
MDM 4U0 <--- (if you are taking English in private school then you need one more course I would recommend you to take data management)

Good Luck

P.S. I did really bad in Gr.11 Functions but I did considerably better in MHF 4U0 (AF)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@Viking21 wrote
Good Selection (for your career path)

I would recommend you to have a year like this

1st Semester
CGW 4U0
SNC 4M0
PSE 4U0

I think these courses relate science even the geography course.

2nd Semester

BBB 4M0
CLN 4U0
MDM 4U0 <--- (if you are taking English in private school then you need one more course I would recommend you to take data management)

Good Luck

P.S. I did really bad in Gr.11 Functions but I did considerably better in MHF 4U0 (AF)

I agree with this post. Along with the Data Management option, here are a few more that you might like to add (to your timetable, that is): CIA 4U0 (Economic Issues), CPW 4U0 (World Politics, if that's offered in your school), HZT 4U0 (Philosophy), CGR 4M0 (Environmental and Resource Management). As for your spares, it might be a good idea if you opt for one in the afternoon (it usually encourages productivity during the day, since you most likely have assignments you need to work on). If you hate getting up early in the morning, try getting a first period spare if you can, and just sleep in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0