yconic - High School Courses: What should I do?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

High School Courses: What should I do?

A photo of LoMa00273 LoMa00273
I have a little problem with my courses. I plan on studying psychology or anthropology, or both, at university (Mount Allison for first year, then transferring to UBC in second year), but my marks are as followed:

(I haven't received my report card yet from last term, but this decision needs to be made before I will get that back)
French 12 - 92%
English 12 - N/a (but definitely 90's)
Leadership - N/a (definitely 90's)
Trigonometry and 3-Space: N/a (definitely not 90's)
Chemistry 12 - 83%
Biology 12 - 86%
Theatre Arts - 91%

Now..

I plan on also taking Political Science 120 and Canadian Geography 120, both of which I will make 90's.

I also have the option of boosting my Chemistry mark, or taking Art 110 (a course I don't need, nor particularly want), and the option of boosting my Biology mark, or taking World Issues 120 online.

The reason why I'm asking is because I would enjoy taking World Issues and art, however, is it more important to boost these marks for an overall better average? Everywhere else, I will be in the 90's, except for my math, and sciences. I don't have a chance to redo math (and wouldn't if I did).

I'm also not really interested in doing any sort of science or math related degrees, only arts.

I think perhaps I should redo these courses, especially Chemistry, and this will boost my overall average? Or leave it, and take other courses to make my average higher?

Just tell me what you'd do. :P

And thanks. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of danielafaykoo danielafaykoo
Check the universities you want to go to and the prerequisites for the programs you're interested in. Make sure you are taking those courses and otherwise just take the easiest courses you can|(make sure they're enjoyable though). This way you can get into the program with the highest mark possible, which increases your chance of scholarships and of getting in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of michaelplease michaelplease
I am not sure about the entrance average for Mt. A, but UBC is about 88. Even if you transfer they still look at your high school marks, so try to get above that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Why not UBC the first year too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of miguelrobinson23 miguelrobinson23
wow ur your marks are ptreety good but why dnt ya just go to uBC to ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LoMa00273 LoMa00273
Unfortunately, in September, my mom thought it would be fun to slap braces on my teeth, so I need to stay in the province to get those off before I can leave the province for school. Its pretty much impossible to change orthodontists too. Oh well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0