yconic - history degree question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

history degree question

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011
hey i have a friend who wants to pursue a degree in history at either york, western or brock (brock has optional coop)
which university would be the best place to go?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Friend started out in History at York and didn't like it, ended up switching to Sociology.

Brock does have Co-op, although I can't imagine what kind of placements they'd have for a history major.

Honestly, I'd go to western mainly due to it's reputation lol!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011

@Medic93 wrote
Friend started out in History at York and didn't like it, ended up switching to Sociology.

Brock does have Co-op, although I can't imagine what kind of placements they'd have for a history major.

Honestly, I'd go to western mainly due to it's reputation lol!

i was thinking it would be more of a social science placement like maybe human resources or like data entry jobs?
going to western for history would be better than going to brock? im talking in terms of schooling and the likelihood of getting a job and not social life
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well then since you say that I'd say go to Brock cause a Co-op placement will be essential to gain experience.

Was this helpful? Yes 0