yconic - History Essay Topics
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

History Essay Topics

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild
okay so this is random, but I like this forum and thought I'd ask for help here! Since i'm stressed!!! [and i have no idea where else to put this topic]

So i've been putting a history summative off. I need to write an essay. So I was looking at these topics so far: (it's world history)

1. Industrialization and globalization (one having allowed the other to be pushed forward)
2. The impacts of Industrialization on Indigenous peoples

Or perhaps I'm being too narrow on this topic (it's just that we can combine summative essays and I'd really like to combine it with another class so i dont have to do too much). But at this point i don't care anymore. I'd just like a topic please.

Offer suggestions of possible topics for my world history class, thanks :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Senator33 Senator33
I did my History essay on colonialism. My essay was based around this question: To what extent are Africa’s current struggles a fault of colonialism?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
For one essay, I discussed the benefits of international economic cooperation, and for the other, I discussed the consequences (both good and bad) of nationalism.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
For my history summative, I did a comparative essay between Napoleon and Hitler.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild
What about the role of women in the enlightenment (from a quick google search). Is that specific enough to right a research paper on?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
My two major History Papers for IB were:

Why did the Spanish Inquisition target the minority Protestant population after the ascension of Phillip II to the throne in 1556?

and

Why did the co-operation present in the Crusades breakdown into open warfare between the French and the English in 1294?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
For one of my history research papers, I discussed two different types of economic systems/ideologies: capitalism (free market) vs. collectivism.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@Senator33 wrote
I did my History essay on colonialism. My essay was based around this question: To what extent are Africa’s current struggles a fault of colonialism?

That sounds like it would have been a tough thesis to defend.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
Some sample topics I wrote on last semester: why Prussia unified Germany, and not Austria; how external forces caused the decline of absolutism; and how nationalism and internationalism have affected genocide in Cambodia, Bosnia, and Rwanda.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Mine asked whether or not the French Revolution achieved its original aims. Quite an intriguing bit of history if you're interested in secularism and rationalism.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik

@North wrote
My two major History Papers for IB were:

Why did the Spanish Inquisition target the minority Protestant population after the ascension of Phillip II to the throne in 1556?

and

Why did the co-operation present in the Crusades breakdown into open warfare between the French and the English in 1294?

Self reassurance much? Terrible job.

Anyway, I did my topic on how the Enlightenment helped develop the modern society we have today.

Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0