yconic - Homework help! [Data Management]
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Homework help! [Data Management]

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
How the hell do you answer this question? I was absent the day my teacher taught this and I have no clue... T_T I have a test tomorrow! Help is appreciated :cheers:

2. A 5-committee is to be chosen from 4 teachers and 4 students. What is the probability that

a) there is only one teacher on the committee?

b) the students out-number the teachers on the committee?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Are you in a semestered school? Why is it that I learn nothing like this and instead am constructing pie graphs, making thesis questions and thinking of bias in my Data class *hits head against wall for thinking this would be another easy math course*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote
Are you in a semestered school? Why is it that I learn nothing like this and instead am constructing pie graphs, making thesis questions and thinking of bias in my Data class *hits head against wall for thinking this would be another easy math course*

Yes, it is semestered but my teacher began with chapter 4 first because its the hardest...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Do you just want the answers or an explanation???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
a) total number of ways of choosing 5 ppl out of 8 = 8 C 5

total number of ways to choose one teacher = 4 C 1

total number of ways to choose four students = 4 C 4

total number of ways to choose and rearrange one teacher and four students = (5C1)(4C1)(4C4)

P(one teacher and four students) = (5C1)(4C1)(4C4)/(8C5)

b) p(five students) + p(four stdents, one teacher) + p(three stdents, two teachers)

use same method as a), too lazy to do it.

EDIT - bold
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just wanted explanation but I got it thanks all :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of blackjack blackjack
sorry I totally forgot to take into consideration the number of ways to rearrage those four students and one teacher x.x sorry haven't done this since september :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0