yconic - Honours Science and Life Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Honours Science and Life Science?

A photo of TotallyConfused TotallyConfused
What is the difference between the honours science and life science programs for U of Waterloo? What are some universities to apply for for science programs? I am planning on going to med school...

I was thinking life and health science at Mac, life science at UFT and Biomed at Western. Any other uni's or programs, any suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of TheUWStudent TheUWStudent
From what I know, honors sci, biomed, biology, etc are branches under life sci @ UW.
The only differences between each are the required courses in order to obtain that degree. Honors sci has the least amount of requirements and thus most customizable. However, biomed requirement fully prepares you in terms of prereq for any professional schools (pharm, med, optom, dent, etc.)

Honestly, UW is a great school, but it's hard to get good GPA. If your serious about getting into med school, I'd consider other schools such as York, Guelph, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0