yconic - Horrible interim marks.....
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Horrible interim marks.....

A photo of Voltex Voltex
So, interim reports were handed out today, and I did absolutely horrible.....

Basically, here's my current levels for each course:

Grade 12 Accounting - LEVEL 2
Grade 12 Computer Science - LEVEL 1
Grade 12 Advanced Functions - LEVEL 2
Grade 12 International Business - LEVEL 3

Yes, I know these marks are horrible. I have to admit, I didn't really try at all for the first month (I knew I should've set my priorities straight), hence the super low marks.

My question is, am I basically screwed? Will universities reject me because of this horrible interim report? I'm prepared to work SUPER HARD for the rest of the school year in order to raise these marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Ok well first of all interm marks arent even like...an official thing

no records of them on OUAC when your marks are sent and uni could not give less of a sh1t about them

last year when i applied i knew people who messed up first semester finals, and pulled it together second semester and still got into decent programs, and you are not even in that situation, so you're really not that bad off.

now remember highschool curriculums usually have like 30-40% of your mark determined in like the last month and a half due to exams+ISU+other big projects and if you do well from now on and especially in the last month you could still finish with level 3-4s no problem.

from applying last year and reading these forums plus all the people in my classes i have heard/seen of some seriously messed up situations and this is not one of them so dont worry:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Voltex Voltex

@Jack555 wrote
Ok well first of all interm marks arent even like...an official thing

no records of them on OUAC when your marks are sent and uni could not give less of a sh1t about them

last year when i applied i knew people who messed up first semester finals, and pulled it together second semester and still got into decent programs, and you are not even in that situation, so you're really not that bad off.

now remember highschool curriculums usually have like 30-40% of your mark determined in like the last month and a half due to exams+ISU+other big projects and if you do well from now on and especially in the last month you could still finish with level 3-4s no problem.

from applying last year and reading these forums plus all the people in my classes i have heard/seen of some seriously messed up situations and this is not one of them so dont worry:compress:

Okay thanks :) Now I gotta work my ass off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0