yconic - Hours per week
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Hours per week

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
Out of curiosity, how many hours per week of classes/lectures/seminars is in your typical Arts program (For example I'll be majoring in PolSci)? Just wanted to see the comparison to here in the UK.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
No, but here's a typical engineering schedule for chem. eng. at the University of Waterloo.
It's from 2007.
The reason for posting this is simple: compared to this, ANY program you choose will have less class per week.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
Thanks but I was more looking for hours for Arts students, as you may/may not know humanities course funding in the UK has been slashed in recent years to the point where I know many people studying history, psychology, even business who have around 4-5 hours a week total. Was just wondering how this compared to abroad as I reckon that is pretty poor, especially with fee's here tripling next year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
15 hours a week is typical (5 classes at 3 hours a week assuming no tutorials or labs)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
yeah around 15-20 for arts including tutorials and such.
Was this helpful? Yes 0