yconic - How and where to find a good English tutor? is it better to take English at college in the evenings?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How and where to find a good English tutor? is it better to take English at college in the evenings?

A photo of Mar Mar
How and where to find a good English tutor?
How much on average do they usually charge per hour? Should I ask my English teacher if she is teaching on the side?
What questions should I ask them?

I looked on craigslist and met with 3 "tutors" but they all sucked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of lemony lemony
If your teacher is good, they should offer "extra help" afterschool or on lunches, without charge. Just ask them about it. Otherwise, try talking to your guidance counsellor and see if they can recommend some students within your school who are strong in that subject to tutor you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
English is harder to tutor in because so much of grade 12 English is coming up with and formulating your own ideas. At my school, if a student is really good in a subject, guidance posts an announcement and any interested tutors go to guidance and put their names on a list. If kids need help, they come to guidance and they'll hook them up with a tutor. Maybe your teacher knows of someone who would be willing to help you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0