yconic - How are UofT Applications evaluated? (Eng)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How are UofT Applications evaluated? (Eng)

A photo of RejectedFromBrock RejectedFromBrock
What courses would they take into consideration? (Is it just prereq?)
Which courses are given priority over others?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of madox madox
they only use prerequisites when calculating admission. i think all courses are weighed evenly (except maybe for english).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
If you are from Ontario (which I'm gonna guess you are) you add your english, adv functions, calculus, chem, physics, and your next highest mark. Divide by 6. That is your average :)
No courses are really given priority over others, at least I find that extremely hard to believe. As long as you have 70%+ in all the prerequisites, the only thing that matters is your overall average I'm pretty sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RejectedFromBrock RejectedFromBrock

@madox wrote
they only use prerequisites when calculating admission. i think all courses are weighed evenly (except maybe for english).

What do you mean except english?

@iliketurtles wrote
If you are from Ontario (which I'm gonna guess you are) you add your english, adv functions, calculus, chem, physics, and your next highest mark. Divide by 6. That is your average :)
No courses are really given priority over others, at least I find that extremely hard to believe. As long as you have 70%+ in all the prerequisites, the only thing that matters is your overall average I'm pretty sure.

What was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
With calc, english, and adv functions it's at 91.3. I'm taking physics and chemistry + a mark booster this semester, and I expect (hope) that my average is around 92. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imaginaryengineer imaginaryengineer
They only consider your five prereqs for admission average.

NOTE: Uoft admissions is unpredictable some friends were offered alt programs even though there average was higher then mine???

But if you do well in first year 80+ average both terms you are guaranteed a switch. However i dont believe there are too many people switching in chem...mech is the hardest to switch into unless ur indy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox
[quote=RejectedFromBrock]
@madox wrote

What do you mean except english?

i believe english isnt considered at heavily as calc, functions, chem and physics. you can still get in with a low english mark, but a low math or science mark may hurt you. and toronto wont use your one elective to calculate your average, only the prerequisites.
Was this helpful? Yes 0