yconic - How can i prove my Candian Citizenship to the unis
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How can i prove my Candian Citizenship to the unis

A photo of asian123 asian123
I applied as a 105D Candidate, so im a candian living outside Canada.

How can i prove the unis that im a canadian citizen so that i avoid paying the higher international fees
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Wait what... but you just said you're living OUTSIDE of Canada, so how could you be a Canadian citizen..?
Unless you were born Canadian and live elsewhere..
If that's the case, show them a Canadian passport, or an immigration card.. or any Canadian piece of ID would probably work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ He said that he is a Canadian citizen. He's just living outside of Canada. They're not mutually exclusive. Citizenship is a legal thing.

There should be an option on the OUAC application concerning your citizenship. If you need to "prove it", just use a passport as Cynthia said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
ok thanks, but should i email them a scanned copy of my citizenship card (like mcgill) or show them when i actually move in to the uni i get accepted to
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JBlaney JBlaney
Send them proof prior to arriving or it may be to late to pay non-international fees. If you live abroad, obviously you have a Canadian passport- or you could show your birth certificate...
Was this helpful? Yes 0