yconic - How did you manage to have so many completed courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How did you manage to have so many completed courses?

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
So I was wondering how could one have more than 3 or 4 completed courses?
I noticed on SA, some people have 6 or more courses completed, first, congratz!

But what I don't undertand that under the assumption you take courses at a regular day school(and you are not repeating grade 12), how are you able to have so many courses completed?

I am in a non-semestered school, so we don't get credits until the end of each school year, which is in June, and out of all the ones I know from my school, I am the only one with more than 2 courses completed (I completed 3 courses, took 3 of them when I was in grade 11 lol).

But is it even possible for one to complete more than that? LOL

Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of kd28 kd28
i'm guessing some people did full day summer school or night school too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
well personally I have 7 done, and am in a semestered school.

I took 3 gr.12 courses in gr.11, and then 4 in semester 1 of grade 12, and now 4 more in semester 2 of grade 12.

I'm pretty sure that's how everyone did it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4 wrote

I took 3 gr.12 courses in gr.11, and then 4 in semester 1 of grade 12, and now 4 more in semester 2 of grade 12.

Ah, that makes sense, if I were in semestered school, I would be in the same situation as you, I also took 3 courses in grade 11 lol, however I won't have the other 4 courses completed since I am currently in a non-semestered school and I am not getting those credits until the end of June lol.

Thx for the input Ms.Windsongs4
Was this helpful? Yes 0

np :P :bigsmurf:

i have a question though- how do you like non-semestered classes/school? do you get bored of taking the same classes all year, or do you like the shorter classes (i'm assuming they are shorter) and variety that taking 8 (im guessing 8?) courses at once gives? Also- doesn't it get to be much to do so many classes at once (with hw for each?)

lol sorry for the bombardment of questions :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@DeanVermillion wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

Ah, that makes sense, if I were in semestered school, I would be in the same situation as you, I also took 3 courses in grade 11 lol, however I won't have the other 4 courses completed since I am currently in a non-semestered school and I am not getting those credits until the end of June lol.

My case's similar to windsongs4, i took CHY4U, CLN4U and BBB4M back in grade 11, i just had 3 courses this semester and taking 4 right now :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@DeanVermillion wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

My case's similar to windsongs4, i took CHY4U, CLN4U and BBB4M back in grade 11, i just had 3 courses this semester and taking 4 right now :)

nicee- i had SBI4U (bio), MCV4U (calc) and MHF4U (func) in gr. 11.

how did you like grade 12 history? - it's my lowest mark right now -_- (stupid ib requirements :batman: )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Since I have never actually studied in a semestered school, I can't tell exactly if semestered school is better or it's the other way around. But personally, I liked and enjoyed studying in a non-semestered school. The reasons, I have never thought about this before lol. I guess I like doing my homework on the night before it's due, so I get to procrastinate more lol.

But really, I think I can live with either a semestered or non-semestered school.
and for your other questions: -I don't get bored because we are learning different stuff every month
- I think the class length should be the same
- yea I'd like a variety
- and I want to emphasize on this point, semestered courses are way heavier than non-semestered ones, I took my advanced functions and calculus as semestered courses, and it was a thrilling experience! the course load was intense, so I guess I am kinda leaning towards non-semestered school afterall, lol

Hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Joshki wrote

@DeanVermillion wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

nicee- i had SBI4U (bio), MCV4U (calc) and MHF4U (func) in gr. 11.

how did you like grade 12 history? - it's my lowest mark right now -_- (stupid ib requirements :batman: )

the whole course was fun, i liked all the stuff that i learned, but i had this super hard-marking teacher :s
finished with an 90, even lower than my english mark gah ;(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

the whole course is fun, i liked all the stuff that i learned, but i had this super hard-marking teacher :s

^SAMEEE . I had a 97 at midterm when we had only presentations and document tests, but then the essays came 0_0' :P I can't seem to write a proper essay for our tests no matter what I do -_- .

ah well. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Joshki wrote

the whole course is fun, i liked all the stuff that i learned, but i had this super hard-marking teacher :s

^SAMEEE . I had a 97 when we had presentations and document tests. and then - .... the essays came 0_0 :P I can't seem to write a proper essay for our tests -no matter what I do -_-

haha yeh "the essay".. we had to do one as well, it was a film analysis and i think i got an overall level of 4- :S

Anyways, what courses did u take last semester and what are you taking now? I took MHF4U, MDM4U and ENG4U last semester :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DeanVermillion wrote
Since I have never actually studied in a semestered school, I can't tell exactly if semestered school is better or it's the other way around. But personally, I liked and enjoyed studying in a non-semestered school. The reasons, I have never thought about this before lol. I guess I like doing my homework on the night before it's due, so I get to procrastinate more lol.

But really, I think I can live with either a semestered or non-semestered school.
and for your other questions: -I don't get bored because we are learning different stuff every month
- I think the class length should be the same
- yea I'd like a variety
- and I want to emphasize on this point, semestered courses are way heavier than non-semestered ones, I took my advanced functions and calculus as semestered courses, and it was a thrilling experience! the course load was intense, so I guess I am kinda leaning towards non-semestered school afterall, lol

Hope this helps!

thanks! it did :P I would have liked to try it out sometime. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think you will experience it next year, when you get to uni, although it will be semestered, we will have different courses everyday or every other day lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DeanVermillion wrote
I think you will experience it next year, when you get to uni, although it will be semestered, we will have different courses everyday or every other day lol.

true say!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pawnee Pawnee

@Windsongs4 wrote
np :P :bigsmurf:

i have a question though- how do you like non-semestered classes/school? do you get bored of taking the same classes all year, or do you like the shorter classes (i'm assuming they are shorter) and variety that taking 8 (im guessing 8?) courses at once gives? Also- doesn't it get to be much to do so many classes at once (with hw for each?)

lol sorry for the bombardment of questions :P

I prefer being non-semestered myself. Having so many assignments and courses at once can be a little much to cope with, and the end of the year exams are way more stressful, but the variety makes it worth it for me. If I had to do the same courses every day I'd go crazy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
I fast-tracked like the others, I took AP adv functions, AP calc, AP bio, international business in grade 11 and also english in summer summer school. I already have 9 grade 12 credits completed and basically could graduate now but chose to wait to graduate with my friends, im pretty much not doing anything in school anymore either way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Joshki wrote

^SAMEEE . I had a 97 when we had presentations and document tests. and then - .... the essays came 0_0 :P I can't seem to write a proper essay for our tests -no matter what I do -_-

haha yeh "the essay".. we had to do one as well, it was a film analysis and i think i got an overall level of 4- :S

Anyways, what courses did u take last semester and what are you taking now? I took MHF4U, MDM4U and ENG4U last semester :)

we have essays for all our tests now :/ . basically in IB, you get 45 minutes to write one essay, on questions such as "To what extent were Stalin's economic policies from 1928 to 1941 successful in preparing the USSR for WWII" or other questions like that. We have had 8 of them so far- and one more today. shoot me -_- :P

As for last semester - ETS4U (writer's craft), SNC4U (gr.12 science -but it was ib chem in actuality), HZT4U (philosophy), and CHI4U (history. ..or was it CHY4U? lol both the same thing).

This semester - SCH4U (continuation of chem), FIF4U ( french immersion french), CHY4U (or the other -continuation of history), and ENG4U (continuation of english in first semester)

^i don't get much choice with courses :/

and i just realised ^thats basically non-semestered style :P

what are you taking this semester?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rela wrote
I fast-tracked like the others, I took AP adv functions, AP calc, AP bio, international business in grade 11 and also english in summer summer school. I already have 9 grade 12 credits completed and basically could graduate now but chose to wait to graduate with my friends, im pretty much not doing anything in school anymore either way.

that's really cool! you could have just not taken anything this semester.. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0