yconic - How do I find a summer job?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do I find a summer job?

A photo of BusinessStudent BusinessStudent
I'm a grade 12 student who desperately wants a job! I honestly applied to over 25 places (retail, food, etc) and havent gotten back. Its been 2-3 weeks, and I really need a job. So, what are some easiest places to get a job for me?

About me: I dont have any retail experience but previous experience working at fast food/babysitt
-good extra-curriculars in school

Please help!! I really need to get a job!

thank you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of g93 g93
1) Keep applying

2) Apply to more places

3) Change how you apply. If you apply online, try going to the manager and handing it to them, or vice versa (they may prefer one method over the other).

4) Connections. Have a friend that works at McDonald's? An aunt who is a manager at Home Depot? A neighbour who works knows the owner of that one store really well? Think about any, ans wee what they can do for you. Rather than flipping through a bunch of resumes and tossing them all minus one or two, they will pull yours out and take a look at it.

5) Make sure your resume/cover letter is/are perfect. Get people to edit them. Make sure there are no spelling/grammar errors, and maybe your format is poor and that's why you aren't being considered. It's worth a shot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Try McDonald's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
its pretty hard to get a job this summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
No offense, but it's REALLY late to be looking for a job. I went through the full process of job applications months ago in order to be sure I had somewhere to work. Like in January/February. So honestly, I'd go through connections and cross your fingers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@moodeline wrote
No offense, but it's REALLY late to be looking for a job. I went through the full process of job applications months ago in order to be sure I had somewhere to work. Like in January/February. So honestly, I'd go through connections and cross your fingers!

-1. There are more jobs out there than you think. You just have to look.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@BusinessStudent wrote
I'm a grade 12 student who desperately wants a job! I honestly applied to over 25 places (retail, food, etc) and havent gotten back. Its been 2-3 weeks, and I really need a job. So, what are some easiest places to get a job for me?

About me: I dont have any retail experience but previous experience working at fast food/babysitt
-good extra-curriculars in school

Please help!! I really need to get a job!

thank you :)

Try this website: http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Search.aspx
I have a summer job now thanks to that site.

I wish you all the best! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline

@Quiz wrote

@moodeline wrote

-1. There are more jobs out there than you think. You just have to look.

I'm not saying its impossible, just really difficult considering its almost summer. But also the OP's best bet is probably going through any contacts/connections that they have.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@iDream wrote

no kidding. i've been working since i was 13 and still can't find anything. even in a tourist town!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@iDream wrote

no kidding. i've been working since i was 13 and still can't find anything. even in a tourist town!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@cosstickxx wrote

@iDream wrote

Really? I had choices of where I wanted to work this summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0