yconic - How do I get more scholarships?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do I get more scholarships?

A photo of norcorider norcorider
I only have 40 awards on my dashboard. How do i get more? I've updated my profile but my amount of awards remains the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Improve your GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Play around with your profile, choose everything that you have a SLIGHT interest in even.
Also, studentawards doesn't always show ALL the scholarships out there, there are so many I found outside of studentawards.
Look around in your community, I found a few from local organizations/foundations.
Or speak with your career counsellor, they would know of places that have some other scholarships less known.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cynthiaabraham cynthiaabraham
Try to look for other external organizations or companies that are offering scholarships. Sometimes it's time consuming to do the search manually, but to expand your options will definitely make it worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Definately increase your GPA and your extra-curricular activities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amymiao amymiao
I only had 19 awards show up after I did the profile thing, was I being too specific?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of missanwer missanwer
I think 40 awards is a good number to start with. You should apply to all the ones you can from that list first and then move on to more. Plus being less specific gives you a broader list of awards and a lot of them might not help you in your goal at all. Another thing is don't increase your GPA on your profile if you haven't increased it in school. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of intec123 intec123

@VegaKrazmych wrote
Improve your GPA.

:) +1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marygao marygao
Try changing your profile and provide more info. For example, if they has for max 5 interests, then put down 5!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leeannmartin leeannmartin
In order to find more scholarships you should make an appointment with your guidance counsellor and ask them about the scholarships that they know are available. Some schools might actually have a book full of different scholarships!
Was this helpful? Yes 0