yconic - How do Ontario students apply outside Ontario?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do Ontario students apply outside Ontario?

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
So my guidance counselors told me that if I wish to apply to universities outside Ontario, I'm pretty much on my own. So how exactly would I go on about applying outside Ontario? I'm looking at applying to Mcgill, UBC and Uni of Alberta.

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Check their websites. I went to U of A and their website has a lot of info for prospective students, including information on how to apply. When I applied I had to apply directly to the school, although I remember hearing rumors of Alberta putting together a common application system for all post-secondary schools in the province.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
i applied to the MUN last fall (memorial university of newfoundland) ps if you're into beautiful campuses, check this out :)

anyway, i went to they're website and browsed around until i found their admissions information, i basically just followed the instructions and applied online
they asked for my transcript so i went to my school's guidance office and asked for my transcript (which cost $2) and sent it to MUN by mail
they wanted one for the beginning of the year and again at the end of the year
& i found out online, on the same website, about my acceptance
and they also sent me a lot of friendly mail :) they're really friendly ahaha and really cheap tuition!

good luck with everything!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Okay thanks guys and wow I just realized how expensive it is to apply outside Ontario, $100 for McGill alone! :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0