yconic - How do people get EARLY ACCEPTANCES?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do people get EARLY ACCEPTANCES?

A photo of emlang emlang
So some of my friends have received early acceptances into Universities.
How does that work? What do they look at to determine an early acceptance?

I've applied to universities already, and I've received confirmation of my application. I doubt that means an early acceptance.:/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
36 replies

A photo of esin esin
grade 11 marks duh...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@emlang wrote

I've applied to universities already, and I've received confirmation of my application. I doubt that means an early acceptance.:/

No, that is the confirmation of your application. Early acceptance is acceptance that is early. Only some programs will do it, and it's your Grade 11 marks and they need to be higher than the normal admission range.

Where have you been?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AshleyLynne AshleyLynne
I also have friends that recieved early acceptances and for them it's because their grade eleven average was above 90% and the programs they applied for aren't very competitive. Also one of the was nominated by the school for a scholarship so that also makes them look better to the university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KatrinaRiddle KatrinaRiddle
I got my Waterloo's Arts and Business early offer in mid December. I think the university just looked at my Grade 12 term 1 mark for decision. I do not see any major difference between an early offer and a regular, except they will drop your final admission average from 85 to 77 once you get your early conditional offer, but i'm only talking about my program though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennynd jennynd
grade 11 marks and first term mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I don't know where some people get their info.

It depends on the program and when the "early acceptance" is. Typically early acceptance only uses your Grade 11 marks (unless you completed Grade 12 courses in Grade 11).

If they look at your Grade 12 first semester marks as well, then that is late early acceptance (not an official term btw).

It could be different for out-of-province students (I doubt it), but OUAC doesn't have Grade 12 term 1 marks on the site. So how would they use them people? Think about it.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Samantha6518 Samantha6518
It really depends on the university/ college and the program that your applying for. Some programs are more competitive than others, hence some programs dont have as many applicants, and its easier to send out acceptances to applicants. For more competetive programs, a lot of places will look at both grade 11 and 12 marks to determine whether your a good bet. Obviously those with an over 90% average would be considered over those with only a 70%. Just try your best with school and you should be successful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hhupm hhupm

@emlang wrote

Early acceptance is when your grade 11 average is higher than that of the required average for regular admission into the program of your interest. The confirmation of your application is just to let you know that they have recieved your application and are going to consider the application.:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentLeader StudentLeader
Agree with above ! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of annikadenhollander777 annikadenhollander777
Early acceptances are sent out to students whose criteria in their application show they are an exceptional student, well above the average. Criteria such as an academic average well above the required grades, the program you applied for (some have more spaces than others, some have a required average higher or lower than others), and how many applications they have (as well as the criteria of those applicants). They send out early acceptances to the students they really want to have attend their school. (For example, I received an early acceptance from McMaster, probably because my average was 14% higher than their required grade)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of OhLaura OhLaura
The most important thing they will look at for early acceptances is your marks. If you have really good grade 11 marks, and are currently receiving high grade marks, you may be eligible for an early acceptance. High grade 11 and 12 marks shows that you are consistently performing above expectations. Also, applying for programs really early helps too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xphat xphat
That makes sense. I was wondering the same thing haha.
Its just weird because I had really good grade 11 marks and I'm doing quite well this semester too... but it might be the unwanted math mark thats bringing me down. LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Did anybody get accepted to McMaster's Life Science program yet? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hayleyrobateau hayleyrobateau
Only some schools do early acceptance, and if they do, it usually depends on how good your grade 11 marks are. As far as I know, certain universities set a criteria, and the people who meet those criteria get accepted earlier than others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Unknown Unknown

@girlie10 wrote

me and my friend have the same average. He got accepted to life science at mcmaster while i got accepted to biomed at western
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
you have to apply early ...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Xiaohaha wrote
you have to apply early ...

Not really...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@Unknown wrote

@girlie10 wrote

me and my friend have the same average. He got accepted to life science at mcmaster while i got accepted to biomed at western

What was your Grade eleven average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc

@girlie10 wrote

Yes I was accepted into the program :) so they have sent out the first round of early acceptances, but i don't know when the next round will go out
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Unknown Unknown

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@Unknown wrote

@girlie10 wrote

What was your Grade eleven average?

if top 6 it would be a 92. If they're looking at everything I had a flat 90. I did horrible in religion and music because i didn't really care about the 2 courses.

If you are wondering about my friend, we got around the same in music, he did better than me in religion but i did better than him in math. Rest is around the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng
You gotta apply during Early Admission time. Have a fairly high average in Grade 11, and first term grade 12.
:cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kangarookangaroo kangarookangaroo
I didn't think McMaster had early acceptance. I guess I missed out on that. I did get early acceptance to Western Health Sciences however.
Was this helpful? Yes 0