yconic - how do we think thing engineering course setup looks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

how do we think thing engineering course setup looks?

A photo of schweitzer281 schweitzer281
This is my first year set up for Engineering 1 at McMaster,

my first term is :

CHEM 1E03
ENGINEER 1P03
GEOG 1HB3
MATH 1ZA3
PHYSICS 1D03
PHYSICS 2D03

and 2nd term is:

ENGINEER 1A00
ENGINEER 1C03
ENGINEER 1D04
MATH 1ZB3
MATH 1ZC3
MATLS 1M03
PHYSICS 1E03

I'm waiting to try and change the GEOG to either programming or an mmedia course if either of those become available, it was just chosed because i couldn't find any other half decent courses.

any suggestions or opinions on this set of courses?

thanks,
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Hey. Check out this facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/109298615825094

There is a FAQ that answers a lot of questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moonlitnight moonlitnight
Why 2D03?
As far as I know, only Engineering Physics requires that course that too is 2nd year.
Even if you have a free choice don't vouch on it. I have seen enough people loosing their free choice this year.

Either way I would suggest leaving 2nd year courses for 2nd year
Otherwise your courseload seems decent. Its always a good choice to have 1C03 & 1P03 in different semesters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of schweitzer281 schweitzer281

@moonlitnight wrote
Why 2D03?
As far as I know, only Engineering Physics requires that course that too is 2nd year.
Even if you have a free choice don't vouch on it. I have seen enough people loosing their free choice this year.

Either way I would suggest leaving 2nd year courses for 2nd year
Otherwise your courseload seems decent. Its always a good choice to have 1C03 & 1P03 in different semesters.

ok, i'll look into switching out that 2D03 I chose it because I couldn't find any other decent electives to grab instead or anything that interested me, just a bunch of language courses figured that physics would beat out those any day.

thanks for the help,
Was this helpful? Yes 0