yconic - How do you deal with burn-out?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do you deal with burn-out?

A photo of Phase Phase
I am kind of experiencing some burn-out now that I've got my acceptance from the school I wanted to attend. My classes are chill this semester (except English), but I know my calculus average will take an 8% drop by the end of the class. So, how do you deal with burn-out? Any tips?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of mikhaylova13 mikhaylova13
90 is still a good mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Think of entrance scholarships as motivation to keep working hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
That could be one.
And do keep in mind that universities do expect you to maintain a certain average, so if you start relaxing too much and let your average drop by a lot....
Could be in trouble.
Like for U of T.. if that's where you wanted to go for example. I've heard they only give a 5% leeway max.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
Ive been burnt out since about 3 weeks before semester 1 exams. It sucks. I really gotta push myself to get out of bed in the morning. I guess Im just tired of constantly having to prove myself, even though Im already satisfied knowing that Im good enough. Seriously, I wish you could just take an IQ test and get placed in a university from there, lol...But yeah this is nothing new to me I always get burnt out really quickly from school (unless Im doing something different). I still pull decent grades but definitely waaaaay below what I could do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bikiro Bikiro
If you burn out in highschool. LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
1) Entrance scholarships
2) Awards from your school

Those should be enough to make you try to keep a 95+ average. If your idea of burning out still involves that high of an average, then I guess there are no worries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Bikiro wrote
If you burn out in highschool. LOL.

Yeah, let's wait until uni to burn out...:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0