yconic - How do you guys feel about teachers that aren't passionate?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do you guys feel about teachers that aren't passionate?

A photo of brady23 brady23
My chem teacher doesn't have a passion for chemistry, she doesn't connect with kids at all, and she speaks in the same monotone voice everyday. She doesn't sound enthusiastic like my other teachers, but she fulfills her "teaching" part, since she is good at simplifying stuff.

I just don't understand why she became a teacher if she doesn't have a passion for teaching or her subject? I think she wanted to be a doctor but couldn't, so she went to Teacher's College.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Raeesa Raeesa
I hate it when teachers dont have a passion for their subject! It makes me not pay attention in class and I lose respect for that person.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
For some people a job is just a job. Not everyone is able or willing to go above and beyond and be amazing, that's just the way it is. Unfortunate, especially since teachers are so important, but they're human too
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sloane1993 sloane1993
if the teacher isnt passionate how are they going to get the students excited or even interested in what they are teaching
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
It sucks. Quite often a prof makes or breaks the course for students. Teaching is one of those careers that people should not pursue if they aren't truly passionate about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
People always tell me I should be a teacher. My response: "But I don't WANT to." Them: "So? It's a good job/you'd be good at it."

I don't think they get it...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quant Quant

@kraken wrote
It's a good job

Being a glorified babysitter is a good job?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Not my opinion, obviously. I was quoting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asyeda asyeda

@Quant wrote

@kraken wrote
It's a good job

Being a glorified babysitter is a good job?

I think teaching is a thankless job, but it shouldn't have to be. Not sure why they aren't respected as much as doctors, engineers, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0