yconic - How do you guys get A's on your prerequisites for university? Working 'hard' and 'smart'??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do you guys get A's on your prerequisites for university? Working 'hard' and 'smart'??

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
What do you guys do at home, before going to school, in school, etc., to achieve your goals of getting straight A's? (85s-90s+) Yes we all know we must work 'hard' but by how? Also not just 'hard' but 'smartly'?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Memorize all the lecture notes

Take notes "smartly" aka not just blindly writing down every single thing the prof says, but only the important details so you don't end up getting overwhelmed later when it comes to studying with the huge volume of info and trying to remember insignificant things

Do practice/past tests
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I'm actually not the best about paying super close attention in lectures, but I always take notes, which is all I need to do well. So if the prof posts notes online I honestly don't even go to class usually.

I do all my homework obviously. Then for tests I employ the following study routine:
- summarize my notes using colored pens (red for equations, blue for diagrams, etc.)
- do practice exams

Simple as that. I graduated from mechanical engineering
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
Ohhh, i see. Thanks guys! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0