yconic - How do you keep in touch with friends in second year?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do you keep in touch with friends in second year?

A photo of nigoat nigoat
As first year student living on rez, I've become very used to seeing friends around at rez and since most of my friends are in general science, we all take pretty much the same courses at see each other in classes too. As this year approaches its end, I find myself thinking about this question a lot: how do you maintain your friendships in second year if you're not living with them and everyone is starting to take different classes and have different schedules? Sorry if this sounds quite stupid but I'd like to know how things worked out for other people who have been through this..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
It is a bit harder and a lot comes down to how big your program is. My program is pretty small (~160 people in each year) so I still see everyone when we have our mandatory classes, and a lot of people take the same electives. We also have program events throughout the year (coffeehouses, fashion show, musical, end of year party, formal etc) so those are good places to catch up with people you didn't really see. As for rez friends though, I don't really see any of them anymore unfortunately, except for the 3 that I live with still (we moved off campus together in 2nd year). And of course, you can always ask them on facebook or something if they want to hang out/grab a beer etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@nigoat wrote
As first year student living on rez, I've become very used to seeing friends around at rez and since most of my friends are in general science, we all take pretty much the same courses at see each other in classes too. As this year approaches its end, I find myself thinking about this question a lot: how do you maintain your friendships in second year if you're not living with them and everyone is starting to take different classes and have different schedules? Sorry if this sounds quite stupid but I'd like to know how things worked out for other people who have been through this..

Well, I am in first year as well, and I am switching from general science to engineering, so I most likely won't be seeing anyone I met this year during my second year, except maybe in passing. Life moves on. You will meet new friends. During these years for us, the days will flash by; people will come and go. It is essential for us to be open to change. It is a good thing to keep in touch with old friends: exchange numbers, e-mails, etc. You will most likely see some of these people in passing next year like me. When you left high school, you went through the same thing. Guess what? You made friends in first year. And guess what? At the end of second year, you'll go through the exact same thing. And what about graduation? You'll go through the same thing, except at a much greater extent, lol. Some of your friends will move around the world to become researchers, doctors, astronauts, etc. For f**k's sake, don't be scared of life. Embrace it!!

Where's the rating system? I think my post deserves a thumbs up!! lol XD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You keep in touch the same way you've always kept in touch... :scratch: Facebook, MSN, text...
Was this helpful? Yes 0