yconic - How do you know you are DENIED?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How do you know you are DENIED?

A photo of FreakAccident FreakAccident
I applied to 3 programs at Waterloo:
Accounting and Financial Management
Planning
Mathematics (S.O.I: Actuarial Science)

How do you know you've been denied? I know some people already got denied, but where do you check!?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
You won't know until May. Schools very rarely reject anyone until mid-late May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thats good to hear, but what is the indicator or notice that you've been denied?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I really don't think there is any, but I wouldn't know yet would I? :p
My application status hasn't changed in months and I'm sure most people's haven't either (unless they were accepted) so all we can do for now is just sit tight and hope for the best :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

True.. Sounds good. Good luck to you and everyone else!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
When you get denied, instead of the status saying "Application", it switches to "Deny". It also says that "You have been refused admission to this program." I hope none of you get this under your status, it's a horrible feeling :p

I'd post a picture of what it looks like if i knew how to insert a picture :P I hope this helps though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
All universities will send out denials in letters along with any online application status change.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seasharp seasharp
I believe your OUAC will also say "Rejected."

@krankd wrote
I'd post a picture of what it looks like if i knew how to insert a picture :P I hope this helps though!

After you take a screenshot/upload the file to somewhere (e.g. Imgur), there's a button () or use these tags:

[code][/code]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@iliketurtles wrote

that's not true
I know quite people who got rejected already including myself :batman:
when you've been denied, your portal says refused admission for ut
and i'm not sure about waterloo, my friend who had around 92ave got into waterloo mid may so...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maelong wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

that's not true
and i'm not sure about waterloo, my friend who had around 92ave got into waterloo mid may so...

Out of how many applicants? U of T engineering has thousands of applicants every year, and I know of less than ~3 people who have gotten rejected already out of the dozens that I know who applied. This is why I said it's "very rare". Does it happen? Yes, but obviously it hasn't to OP, and he'll probably have to wait until May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@iliketurtles wrote

@maelong wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

that's not true

Out of how many applicants? U of T engineering has thousands of applicants every year, and I know of less than ~3 people who have gotten rejected already out of the dozens that I know who applied. This is why I said it's "very rare". Does it happen? Yes, but obviously it hasn't to OP, and he'll probably have to wait until May.

for out of province applicants it's rolling system, as soon as they review the files they make decisions which only takes about 3weeks
In my case and my friend's, we just got rejected the day after the school got our transcripts which we don't understand
I'm just saying what I have seen so far
Was this helpful? Yes 0