yconic - HOW DOES MCGILL CALCULATE AND WEIGH YOUR AVERAGE FOR ADMISSION?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HOW DOES MCGILL CALCULATE AND WEIGH YOUR AVERAGE FOR ADMISSION?

A photo of slader23 slader23
Yea so basically I was just wondering how McGill calculates the average...do you think there is weighing involved? I go to a particularly difficult private school in terms of academics so I was wondering if that was put into account when there making a decision....I know Waterloo does this but I am unsure as to whether or not other universities take this kind of approach as averages are calculated differently depending on the university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of RobbieF RobbieF
Whether or not you go to a private school does not make a difference. McGill focuses quite hard in terms of Mathematics and English for their business school. As long as you have a strong average in those two types of courses as well as other fairly high marked courses, you should be fine. On a side note, keep in mind that McGill DOES NOT take your extracurriculars into account at all. Best of luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slader23 slader23
thanks that was helpful man...BTW I got into Telfer as well but I dont think I will go due to my chances of getting to Queens and McGill.

Applied ( Accepted)
McGill Desautels
Queens Commerce
UTSC Co-op Management
Western BMOS
Waterloo Geography and Aviation
Telfer Commerce International Management Co-op
McMaster Business I
Was this helpful? Yes 0