yconic - How does the Rotman program work?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How does the Rotman program work?

A photo of melissazhang melissazhang
I heard it starts second year, but when i spoke to a representative there, he said it starts first year. First year i'd take introduction to management and calculus, and liberals? What exactly is that? and how many liberals do i have to take? Could i get like a sample year outline or something for first year :$ Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
This is from their site:
RSM 100Y, ECO100Y, and MAT133Y (or its equivalent) are required courses to fulfill the terms of Guaranteed Admission, and there are minimum grades that need to be achieved in each (see section on Guaranteed Admission).
Electives
Students have to take at least a 1.0 full credit course in addition to the required courses (students need 4.0 full credits to enter a program). However, most students take 5.0 full credits during each year.
http://www.rotmancommerce.utoronto.ca/students/first/courses.htm

First year really isn't the full on Rotman program. Keep in mind there's students that enter second year. In first year commerce, you take those three courses and achieve at least a minimum mark (and take other electives) to have guaranteed admission to Rotman commerce, which starts in second year.
Liberals probably refers to electives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0