yconic - How does university look at remedial marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How does university look at remedial marks

A photo of aquarius aquarius
Does anybody know how universities look at Remedial marks ?Does it show on your transcript that you failed the 1st time .Does it affect any scholarship opportunities?

Is it looked as REPEATED course ?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of kiwifruit11 kiwifruit11
It depends on the university.
I know Queen's, for example, looks at the highest mark you got in that course and ignores any other ones. But I think most other universities average them (e.g. if you got a 40% the first time in biology, and a 80% the second time, they would consider your biology mark to be 60%).

I'm assuming they use those same averages to calculate your scholarship eligibility.

I've heard that U of T particularly frowns down on repeated courses, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Hope this helps :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre
Ryerson doesn't care.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ACEEGAN ACEEGAN
every school in Ontario except U of T and Waterloo just takes the highest mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
and it will probably affect your scholarship opportunities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius
Thank u all for your replies. My final mark should be around 80 but the teacher is OK in me dropping out completely and not sit for the final exam . I have already signed up for summer school with the hope of getting higher marks .AF is a pre req at Guelph for Bio Med and 80 is not going to help me.

Hope I don't live to regret this decision !!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0