yconic - How does Waterloo know you wrote the Euclid contest?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How does Waterloo know you wrote the Euclid contest?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
On my Euclid form, I wrote my English name (my instructor told me to put that), but on my uni application, it was my chinese (legal) name that was showing.

How do they know you wrote the contest if people put their English name on their contest form instead of their legal name?

thx in advance. =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied to:
UW- Mathematics
UW- Risk Management
UW- Math/Business
UGuelph- Math and Stats Co-Op(Accepted)
McMaster- Math and Stats (Accepted)
UofT- Stats (Accepted)
uOttawa- Stats Co-Op(Accepted)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Haru Haru

@KPop wrote
On my Euclid form, I wrote my English name (my instructor told me to put that), but on my uni application, it was my chinese (legal) name that was showing.

How do they know you wrote the contest if people put their English name on their contest form instead of their legal name?

thx in advance. =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied to:
UW- Mathematics
UW- Risk Management
UW- Math/Business
UGuelph- Math and Stats Co-Op(Accepted)
McMaster- Math and Stats (Accepted)
UofT- Stats (Accepted)
uOttawa- Stats Co-Op(Accepted)

I did the same. I think Waterloo has your preferred (english) name on Quest, so I'm guessing that's one way they can check. I'm not sure how they do it exactly though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Call Waterloo and ask. I remember my friend has a legit concern similar to this. I don't remember the solution though sorry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0