yconic - How highly does Waterloo weight contest scores for Math/CA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How highly does Waterloo weight contest scores for Math/CA

A photo of SevenFlow SevenFlow
Well my problem right now is that I don't think my average is high enough for the program (I have about a 93) however I think I have decent contest results (scoring top 2% on about 4 or 5 waterloo math contests). Recently I made the national student honor role on the CSMC. Is this enough to get me in>?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd say you're in...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@SevenFlow wrote
Well my problem right now is that I don't think my average is high enough for the program (I have about a 93) however I think I have decent contest results (scoring top 2% on about 4 or 5 waterloo math contests). Recently I made the national student honor role on the CSMC. Is this enough to get me in>?

If you're that smart, why don't you do a different math/finance degree? Math/CA is 90% accounting. Unless you're super passionate about accounting (and if you are, I recommend getting a CMA, not a CA), you could do mathematical finance or something, which is more challenging, competitive, satisfying, and easier to get into.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Ohhhh awkward I didn't read the CA part of Math/CA. I have no idea about your chances LOL nvmd what I said earlier....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Waterloo Math loves high school contest scores. If you have a 93% average, with top contest results, you have a very good shot at Math/CA.

As a former Math/CA student, and as Greygoose mentioned, do reconsider Math/CA if you're actually good or into math, the high admission average really makes the program seem way better than it actually is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0