yconic - How important are grade 11 marks for U of T and McMaster
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How important are grade 11 marks for U of T and McMaster

A photo of GreatExpectations GreatExpectations
I am applying to multiple universities but I'd really like to know whether or not 2 of my grade 11 marks would ruin my chances of getting accepted. My final average was a high 80 in grade 11; I did not do so well on physics and ended up with a high 70 while my math mark was in the 80s. I know what i need to get in grade 12 in order to get accepted. (a final 90+ average) But would they reject me after seeing those 2 marks?

Please help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Grade 11 marks only matter for early acceptance. They won't affect final acceptance at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Paridhi Paridhi
Don't worry, grade 11 marks don't affect you at all unless it's a tie breaker or early admit. What program are you doing? that might affect if they look at your gr 11 marks or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trarod Trarod
I'm pretty sure no program would reject you unless you got below 70 in a course. And also, grade 12 marks matter much more than grade 11, so if you keep a good average, I don't think this will affect you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0