yconic - How likely am I to get into Waterloo for Coop Compsci? Fall 2012
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How likely am I to get into Waterloo for Coop Compsci? Fall 2012

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Compared to other peoples' marks here, mine aren't that high.

Advanced Functions: 83 Final
International Law: 84 Final
English: 89 Final
Computer Science: 85 Final

Average: 85

I have only done these 4 Grade 12 classes so far and they are all University
Level.

And I know i shouldn't underestimate the class but I am confident that
I can achieve around the specified mark.

Next Semi
Data Management: 92 (Probably)
Calculus And Vectors: 85 (Probably)
Physics: 85 (Probably)

AIF
To be honest, my AIF is decent at best. I haven't joined many clubs
and I'm not on the student council or anything. I have a good amount
of reference though and I have participated in the CCC and the Math
Contests by Waterloo in the past and will again this year, but my mark,
forgot to ask last year, was probably nothing to brag about.

So how likely am I to get into Waterloo for Computer Science?
Also I was wondering if anyone knew other schools that are
known for Computer science other than UofT and UBC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Laffysx Laffysx
You definitley have a chance, just make sure your second semester mid-terms are high. Most people get either really high marks for mid-terms, or screw up and get really low marks. Just make sure you get the first. I think a safe average would be around 88+ for CS with decent EC`s.

Other CS programs, probably Mcgill or Mcmaster but Mcmaster requires Physics and Chem so.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit

@Laffysx wrote
You definitley have a chance, just make sure your second semester mid-terms are high. Most people get either really high marks for mid-terms, or screw up and get really low marks. Just make sure you get the first. I think a safe average would be around 88+ for CS with decent EC`s.

Other CS programs, probably Mcgill or Mcmaster but Mcmaster requires Physics and Chem so.

Thanks. Ill probably apply to McMaster. You don't specifically need PHysics/Chem (You need 2 of the following Chem/Physics/Biology/Computer Science). Ill probably take a few easy courses like International Business and Data Managament.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Laffysx Laffysx

@Bscit wrote

@Laffysx wrote

Thanks. Ill probably apply to McMaster. You don't specifically need PHysics/Chem (You need 2 of the following Chem/Physics/Biology/Computer Science). Ill probably take a few easy courses like International Business and Data Managament.

Oh right sorry. Mcmaster`s requirement is really, really unique having you pick and choose from a list of a bunch of programs. Anyways, good luck on your application!
Was this helpful? Yes 0