yconic - How long is everyone's Schulich supplementary form?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How long is everyone's Schulich supplementary form?

A photo of mmvillanueva mmvillanueva
I'm seeing a range of 4-13 pages :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
6 pgs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Caroshin Caroshin
Total package: 13

Further specified;
Activity report: 4
Essays: 3
PDF: 4
Reference: 2
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mmvillanueva mmvillanueva

@Caroshin wrote

Further specified;

How is your activity report so long? I thought we just had to right a brief description of our roles and hours?

And I thought we weren't supposed add our references?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork

@Caroshin wrote

Further specified;

Lol,mine is 10(including printed pages,without reference)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Mine was 13 in total last year :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Caroshin Caroshin

@mmvillanueva wrote

@Caroshin wrote

Further specified;

How is your activity report so long? I thought we just had to right a brief description of our roles and hours?

And I thought we weren't supposed add our references?

Physical reference letters were optional to accompany the emails which your references would send towards York. I chose to take this option since I initially had slight doubts about whether my two references would be able to complete their letters on time, and used these letters as backup.

As for my activity report, I explain my position, describe the activity and mention what I learned.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
12 pgs (with 2 reference letters)

Had a question for everyone..on Myfile it says supplementary received but the references not received, although i sent in 2 reference letters with the supplementary.. ? Does anyone else have the same?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super
11 pages in total. Got my referees to submit their recommendations online.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
2 + 2ECs + 1Essay Q + 1letter + 1recommendation
do the math now (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Finance27 wrote

Had a question for everyone..on Myfile it says supplementary received but the references not received, although i sent in 2 reference letters with the supplementary.. ? Does anyone else have the same?

Reference were needed to be submitted on MyFile and Schulich was supposed to get in touch with them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@MINTOK wrote

@Finance27 wrote

Reference were needed to be submitted on MyFile and Schulich was supposed to get in touch with them.

I called Schulich and asked them, they said you can do either. So I chose to submit letters instead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@Finance27 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@Finance27 wrote

I called Schulich and asked them, they said you can do either. So I chose to submit letters instead.

I wish I could have known this earlier.

After my referees received the auto-generated email from York U with links to the on-line recommendation form, they held off on completing it because the email contained an erroneous deadline of Feb. 15. (other people I know received dates such as Feb. 18, 22, etc.)

Additionally, my referees told me that it would have been so much better without the supposed "word-limit" included in the on-line recommendation form. They had already written hard copy letters for me, going into great length and detail, hoping to cut and paste the text directly into the form. It was only after receiving the email from York U did they know that the on-line link lead to a "recommendation" form instead of a place where they could submit a full length "letter".

Ultimately, I know it was still my fault for not getting my referees to complete them earlier. Though it was out of my hand that the deadline was set incorrectly on the York U email which had mislead my referees.
Was this helpful? Yes 0