yconic - how many 4M courses can you have in your top six in uni?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

how many 4M courses can you have in your top six in uni?

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
can i have 3 M courses?

for something non-competitive like psychology
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of emcee0 emcee0
While I don't have a complete answer to you're question, I would at a minimum submit at least four 12U courses in your top six.

Honestly even if psych. is non competitive, I wouldn't include 3M courses because it't more less grade 12 credits that count and wouldn't really mean anyting unless you want early acceptance. If anything, the university of your choice would wonder why you didn't include a 4U/M social science course in your top six marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
As long as your program specifies a limit of Grade 12 M courses included in your top 6, you can have all your optional inclusions be M courses. That said, programs that do restrict the number of M courses usually set the limit at a maximum of 2. And M courses are not necessarily easier than U courses either, although the hardest courses for most students are mainly among the U's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@emcee0 wrote
While I don't have a complete answer to you're question, I would at a minimum submit at least four 12U courses in your top six.

Honestly even if psych. is non competitive, I wouldn't include 3M courses because it't more less grade 12 credits that count and wouldn't really mean anyting unless you want early acceptance. If anything, the university of your choice would wonder why you didn't include a 4U/M social science course in your top six marks.

I think you misunderstood; what the OP meant by 3 M courses is 3 of his top six courses being M courses offered in grade 12. You can only use grade 12 credits in your top six average. You can't actually pick which ones go in and which ones don't, either (other than choosing which courses to actually take in grade 12, if you're only doing 6); it's automatically calculated by your program according to its requirements and the highest marks you've earned throughout grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emcee0 emcee0
[quote=superstar2011]
@emcee0 wrote

Yes my apologies. I misread three M level courses as Grade 11 M. Back to my point, it wouldn't hurt to use three but I personally would only use two and have at least four 12 U courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
okay thanks guys =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WizardViz WizardViz
Usually if you look at any science, math or business programs they ask for 1 or sometimes 2 'M' courses in the admission calculation. So it's better you take 'U' courses and a few 'M'(1-2) courses if you want to boost your average or gain knowledge in whatever respective field you are looking into. Hope I helped :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0