yconic - How many older/mature/non-traditional students are in your program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How many older/mature/non-traditional students are in your program?

A photo of sars3000 sars3000
Hi everyone,

I need to find out which universities and what programs, other than nursing, have the most mature/older/non-traditional students. If you can answer this question with your major and the school you're attending, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. I really hope it doesn't upset anyone that I asked this more than once in different categories.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
I don't know how many there are, but Guelph has a Mature students association and an entire lounge in the university centre reserved for mature students. I know there are mature students in both the engineering programs and the applied human nutrition programs here at Guelph.

Here is the website for Guelph's mature student association: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~mature/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
There are mature students in every program in every school. I don't have stats for you. There were probably 3 out of the 190 students who graduated with me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@sars3000 wrote
Hi everyone,

I need to find out which universities and what programs, other than nursing, have the most mature/older/non-traditional students. If you can answer this question with your major and the school you're attending, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. I really hope it doesn't upset anyone that I asked this more than once in different categories.

I would add that if you are a mature student and concerned about having other students you can relate to, I would definitely check out the universities that have mature students associations. Not every university does. I would definitely look for a place that has programs in place to help non-traditional students. It is quite surprising that some of the larger universities don't have those types of organizations or supports in place to help non-trads and mature students (you would think being large, they would have more of those types of students), whereas some of the smaller universities offer more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@sars3000 wrote
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

You may find your answer in this link http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo.aspx
Was this helpful? Yes 0