yconic - How many siblings?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How many siblings?

A photo of norcorider norcorider
I (a girl) have 3 brothers. Lots of my friends wonder how I can stand it, and think it's just awful not to have any sisters. I've never had a sister obviously, but to tell you the honest truth, I like having three brothers, and I think I'd rather brothers than sisters. Boys do so much fun stuff that a lot of girls don't like, such as pedal biking, sledding, and snowboarding, including rippin jumps for all three of the above. Sometimes I wish I was a guy too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
45 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
You're definitely a small town Alberta girl.

I have a younger brother, who just turned 23 (and I'm 23 right now, at least for another nine days) and an older sister, who just turned 38. Because I was 4 when she left home, my sister feels more like an aunt than a sister. Her sons (my nephews) are a lot like little brothers to me. One is 17, the other is 14. We've always got along quite well, save for a few fist fights every now and then, but I think that's just part of a healthy brother-brother relationship. Usually when my brother and I fought (physically), we'd be fine with one another like not even an hour later. Sisters fight and stay mad at one another for days.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Happy early birthday!
Getting better looking with each passing year I'm sure.
:cheers:

I only have a younger sister, 16 months younger than me.
Sometimes I wish I could have an older brother to kick some butt for me, but ahhh well. Gotta work with what I have.
I like being the eldest sometimes, don't have any expectations that I need to live up to.
But she does get in my hair a lot, asking me simple math questions that I find equivalent to the level of grade 7 math, but oh well.
Only half a year left of having to deal with her!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Well, my hair-line is receding, my gut is blowing out, my teeth are wearing down, and my lower back is arching, but, yeah, I am getting better looking with age, in a Dr Phil/John Daly/Pope John Paul II-kind of way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of margoroth margoroth
I have a younger brother, he just turned 16 this February. :) And we do not get along at all. That's probably a lot to do with our age difference though, I'm 22 so we're 6 years apart.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kat1321 kat1321
I am 17. i have an older vrother who is ten yearsolder then me, is married and has three children of his own( my neices and nephew). Living at home with me is my Twin sister and little sister who is 13. On a good day we all get along great and can be like best friends, but sometimes we don't even want to look at eachother. It is a typical sibling relationship.:albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AimForTheStars AimForTheStars
I'm a girl and I'm an only child, I guess it's ok, I think my two best friends are like my siblings.:p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
My brother just turned 10
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
1 (younger) sister. She's 16, I'm 20 (only for 2 more months though).

I always wanted an older bro but she's alright. We're closer now that she's older. Used to fight a lot when she was a bratty pre-pubescent teen.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm an only child. :) I don't mind it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rourachnitchai Rourachnitchai
I have none. I am kind of sad about that. My family is very small.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gingerlizard gingerlizard
I've got a twin sister,
brothers a year and a half on each side
and a brother 13 years older.

We never had any trouble having tons of friends over since my parents say "After 3 kids, any more is just and extra seat at the table and more noise"

We're still not sure which one of us is considered "just more noise"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pumpkinsoup pumpkinsoup
there seems to be a correlation between birth order and a swath of personal traits whether it be success or psychological development because of the amount of time the parents spend with each child (as example the majority of Harvard students are firstborns). I don't have any siblings, but does anyone feel that this is prevalent?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
5 older brothers and 1 older sister (big family, I know). Personally, I think I would hate having younger siblings. Being the youngest is great.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@pumpkinsoup wrote
there seems to be a correlation between birth order and a swath of personal traits whether it be success or psychological development because of the amount of time the parents spend with each child (as example the majority of Harvard students are firstborns). I don't have any siblings, but does anyone feel that this is prevalent?

I'm the 1st born and I'd say so. My brother always feels a ton of pressure to 'live up to me' even though my parents don't pressure him at all. I was always just super self motivated to succeed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@ktel wrote

@pumpkinsoup wrote

I'm the 1st born and I'd say so. My brother always feels a ton of pressure to 'live up to me' even though my parents don't pressure him at all. I was always just super self motivated to succeed.

Yeah I would have to say it's true in my family too. My parents had much higher expectations for my two oldest brothers. For them, going to a prestigious American school was expected. Everyone in my family is pretty motivated, but for them there was just much more pressure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@cherrypie725 wrote

@ktel wrote

@pumpkinsoup wrote

Yeah I would have to say it's true in my family too. My parents had much higher expectations for my two oldest brothers. For them, going to a prestigious American school was expected. Everyone in my family is pretty motivated, but for them there was just much more pressure.

High pressure in a highly motivated family...damn that's rough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mleika Mleika
I wish I had brothers! I am an only child. My mother is convinced that she made the right choice when deciding to have only one child. She reminds me everyday...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@Mleika wrote
I wish I had brothers! I am an only child. My mother is convinced that she made the right choice when deciding to have only one child. She reminds me everyday...

LOL, I'm also a only child, and whenever I suggest we get a pet puppy or kitten my mom always says: "Having you alone is busy enough for me." So now I'm determined that when I get my own house and job, the first thing I'm gonna do is to get a puppy AND a kitten! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CorissaD CorissaD
I have two younger sisters ( 9 and 15 ) and an older brother who is 22... I'm 20... I feel like the only reason you'd see significant psychological differences between siblings is if they are born close together...

I get along quite well with my youngest sister, but me and my 2nd youngest have our fights. But how could we not... Sibling rivalry kicking in! Me and my brother don't talk a lot because he's lived away from home for quite awhile... But when we're together we have some good conversation :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trinrin Trinrin
It's kind of hard to explain how many siblings I have.

I have one brother who is turning 30 in 5 days. I'm 22, so that's an 8 year difference. Growing up, it was awesome having an older brother, and even now I still look up to him. He moved out when I was young, I think 10 or so, so after that time I felt like an only child.

Then came my step-dad and his daughters. So I gained two sisters, which I met while I was in junior high. We're all seperated by 3 years (they're 19, and 16), and I get along great with them, although they used to fight quite often. I always wished for sisters when I was young, so I guess I got my wish. =3

Lastly, I will be gaining a step-brother once my dad gets married again in a year or two. Although I don't see him much so I can't remember his age... somewhere between mine and my brother's lol.

And if any of you actually read this you get a shiny chocolate dollar! 8D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VinEll VinEll
I myself have 3 older brothers (I get along with the eldest quite well), and 2 older sisters (I also get along with the eldest best) and 1 younger sister. Basically, I'm the second youngest. Actually, to explain the extent of my relation to my brothers and sisters would be a bit confusing and time-consuming. However, I AM happy to have 6 siblings..sometimes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Trinrin, where's my chocolate? :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrsGoodman MrsGoodman
[size=7]Hi there, I have seven siblings, of whom I will name in chronological order:
Darcy-Lee (who has three daughters), Tyrone, Dallas, Sarah-Lee (who has one son), David, Darren (who is my best friend), then I fit here- second to last, and my "baby" sister, Rozie.[/size]

between all of us, there has never been any sibling rivalry... I don't believe that is something natural or "normal". we are all very close, and have proven that the word "sibling" does not always have to mean that we fight.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrsGoodman MrsGoodman

@Trinrin wrote
It's kind of hard to explain how many siblings I have.

I have one brother who is turning 30 in 5 days. I'm 22, so that's an 8 year difference. Growing up, it was awesome having an older brother, and even now I still look up to him. He moved out when I was young, I think 10 or so, so after that time I felt like an only child.

Then came my step-dad and his daughters. So I gained two sisters, which I met while I was in junior high. We're all seperated by 3 years (they're 19, and 16), and I get along great with them, although they used to fight quite often. I always wished for sisters when I was young, so I guess I got my wish. =3

Lastly, I will be gaining a step-brother once my dad gets married again in a year or two. Although I don't see him much so I can't remember his age... somewhere between mine and my brother's lol.

And if any of you actually read this you get a shiny chocolate dollar! 8D

yummy dollar pls??? :bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0