yconic - how many universities did you apply?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

how many universities did you apply?

A photo of maelong maelong
i applied to u of t engineering, computer science
waterloo engineering,
calgary engineering
based on the fact i have 85average, should i apply to more schools?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I applied to 4 schools, but like 2 programs at each one. This is because I applied to math programs, engineering programs, AND business programs. :)
You can't apply to anymore schools in Ontario, the OUAC deadline passed :/
I don't know about OOP schools, but most of the deadlines are in February so if you're gonna do it, apply to them quick.
You have an OK shot with an 85 average...far from safe, but you shouldn't count yourself out. Do prepare yourself for the worst though, have a backup plan and whatnot
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@iliketurtles wrote
I applied to 4 schools, but like 2 programs at each one. This is because I applied to math programs, engineering programs, AND business programs. :)
I don't know about OOP schools, but most of the deadlines are in February so if you're gonna do it, apply to them quick.
You have an OK shot with an 85 average...far from safe, but you shouldn't count yourself out. Do prepare yourself for the worst though, have a backup plan and whatnot

wow it costs like 150$ to apply for each course
i think u of c engineering is better than queens and mcfile/macfire whatever
i really hope i get into u of t engineering or computer science
will i have a chance getting into macgill?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
Six programs, five universities. Should have just applied to one!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheKey TheKey
7 universities and 8 programs.

I chose many programs to open up my options and to increase my chances of getting into unverisity. I don't want to stay back for another year of high school! :S Some of the programs are just back-ups.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xCooLx xCooLx

@iliketurtles wrote

Hey,
I was just wondering....in your opinion, what would be the average to be on the safe side for UofT and Waterloo's ECE program.
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maelong wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

wow it costs like 150$ to apply for each course
i think u of c engineering is better than queens and mcfile/macfire whatever
i really hope i get into u of t engineering or computer science
will i have a chance getting into macgill?

It costs $40 to apply to each one first of all, I paid like $200 for all my Ontario programs. You can call it a waste of money but I have a genuine interest in all of the programs I applied to :) In fact I already had to cut a couple programs out (namely UBC) because I felt like it was wasting money lulz
I have no idea what mcfile or macfire is, and I didn't apply to Calgary or Queen's, so I don't know what you're trying to tell me? lol
You have no chance to get into McGill, sorry but the cutoffs for (most) engineering programs are over 90. There will be the odd one below 90, but even then you're out of reach :/
As for McGill comp sci, the cutoff last year was like 88 ish so again... :/
I think you have a small shot at U of T and Waterloo, but again I wouldn't count on anything too heavily if I were you, have a backup plan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@xCooLx wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

Hey,
I was just wondering....in your opinion, what would be the average to be on the safe side for UofT and Waterloo's ECE program.
Thanks

Well I'm still in high school, but my best guess would be like 88 or 89+ AT LEAST. Honestly anything above 90 SHOULD be safe imo, but people have gotten rejected with 90+ (you can find some around here from last year)
Was this helpful? Yes 0