yconic - How much do Schulich/Ivey care about supplementary?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How much do Schulich/Ivey care about supplementary?

A photo of Augustus1 Augustus1
Where do Schulich and Ivey stand on the caring about extra information spectrum? If we are to say on one end is McGill that only looks at grades, and Queen's Commerce on the other side that only looks at essays past 87, where do Schlich and Ivey go?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Augustus1 wrote
Where do Schulich and Ivey stand on the caring about extra information spectrum? If we are to say on one end is McGill that only looks at grades, and Queen's Commerce on the other side that only looks at essays past 87, where do Schlich and Ivey go?

Thanks

Schulich says it's 50/50. However, I think it's more 80/20 for marks. So, if your marks are amazing, but your SAF really sucks, you would be rejected.

I am pretty certain that Ivey cares more about the SAF more than Schulich does, but I don't know to what extent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Queen's and Ivey, they really care about it.

Don't take it as a joke. Mid 90s mean nothing if your supplementary sucks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@Augustus1 wrote

Thanks

Schulich not so much... 80/20? I know this ESL girl from my year who got in schulich bba with pretty bad supplementary essay (93% average). they may pay more attention to supplementary if you apply for ibba though.
I'd say Ivey is 50/50, but as long as you're 92%+ with decent ECs you'll get in no problem..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@mundane12321 wrote

@Augustus1 wrote

Thanks

Schulich not so much... 80/20? I know this ESL girl from my year who got in schulich bba with pretty bad supplementary essay (93% average). they may pay more attention to supplementary if you apply for ibba though.
I'd say Ivey is 50/50, but as long as you're 92%+ with decent ECs you'll get in no problem..

+1. Schulich BBA is very easy to make as long as you are SOMEWHAT involved and are a bit above the cut off. For Ivey it is a tradeoff. If you are 95%+ I would not worry even with sub-par EC's. However, if you are around an 88% the EC's, Awards, and Essays play a big role.
Was this helpful? Yes 0