yconic - How much time does it take for a high school girl to put on makeup?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How much time does it take for a high school girl to put on makeup?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
How much time does it take for a girl to put on makeup?
And what time do you guys get up to put makeup on?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
55 replies

Girls who wear makeup take at least two hours minimum. Guys don't put on makeup unless they're going on broadcast TV or identify as metrosexual.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wear makeup to school and it takes me 15 minutes to get ready. Granted, I usually just wear mascara and/or eyeliner and/or have my eyebrows done.

Definitely don't agree that girls who wear makeup take 2 hours minimum, though it takes longer to get a full face of makeup on depending on your experience/skill.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

honestly depends on the girl

ex. it takes me the 20 minute bus commute to school
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I keep some lipstick in my friend's butt so I can get reapply it quickly when needed. It just looks like I'm bobbing for apples.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

gosh. I thought i was the only one :s

Was this helpful? Yes 1

takes me a few minutes to do a full face of makeup!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

20 minutes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wake up at 7:30 and it takes me about 20 minutes to do moisturizer, primer, foundation, powder, bronzer, eyebrows, and mascara. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Girls in high school care way too much about how they look. Once they leave, they don't care at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 6

i only put on concealer, lipstick and mascara so it doessnt take me more than about 5 mins
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I use foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara and bronzer and it only takes 10 minutes. 

But 2 hours? Maybe to wake up, brush your hair, brush your teeth, get dressed AND get to school but it doesn't take anywhere near that long for me! 
Was this helpful? Yes 1

It takes me about an hour to put on foundation and eye liner. Then I do my hair, which takes me about 30 mins. I am also usually 40 mins late for my first period class. Pretty worth.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

20 minutes for eyeliner, mascara, eyebrows, and foundation
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Scrub
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol I only put on makeup when I look like a panda XD it takes me like 6 mins to put on foundation and blush... I hardly put on eyeliner cause I have long lashes and wearing eyeliner makes my eyes look too intense... As for mascara... never putting that on my eyelashes it's irritating...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i tink panda look kawaii so much

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol trust me the panda look does not look Kawaii on me. Being really pale makes my dark circles look ten times worse... And make my eyes look even more scarier than they are :/
Was this helpful? Yes 1

eyebrows, eyeliner and concealer take me 5 - 10 mins max lol

2 hours must be a joke because i get up like an hour before class starts...

and as a little side note do what ya wanna do, if you wanna put on make up or if you don't it's up to you just rock it either way :)
Was this helpful? Yes 2

5 mins max? I don't put a lot for school but it still looks fine. If I'm going out, maybe 10-15 mins. Who takes two hours??
Was this helpful? Yes 2

10 min. for foundation, concealer, eyeliner & sometimes eyebrows (only when I'm not running late). lol it definitely doesn't take 2 hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

about 5 mins to put on naked basics eyeshadow, one coat of mascara, my Anastasia brow wiz, and maybe a touch of bronzer. 
my friends take about 30 min every morning, they go full on cake face tho.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

So that would be about 30 seconds ? LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I guess xD I don't really wear makeup--unless you count chapstick.
btw OP, have you a foot fetish?????? :o

Was this helpful? Yes 0

No ! LOL twas a joke. I don't even know why you would even get turned on by a foot lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

do you guys notice a trend in your school of girls who wear makeup vs girls who don't, and their averages ? I do in my school...
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I don't wear makeup, I don't like the thought of applying a "mask" just to enhance something about myself to boost my confidence. I'm already confident and proud of how I naturally look. I don't need some products to make myself look beautiful, I am beautiful.Girls shouldn't rely on makeup so much, at the end of the day, the real you is how you really look. Makeup is a billion dollar industry, simply because people buy into their statements that to look beautiful, you need to wear products and look a certain way. That is not true. Be natural and be you! You're beautiful :)
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Lol what you said is contrary to what I'm gonna do next month b/f I go to uni : Cosmetic surgery lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

6 hours for foundation, concealer, mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, powder, primer, bronzer, botox
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hahahahaa
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why are you getting cosmetic surgery?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

2 minutes for mascara, lip chap, and a little powder if it's hot out. I wake up 30 minutes before school starts, shower, and I'm lucky enough to have naturally straight and silky hair so I just let it air dry and never even have to brush it out, pack a lunch, get dressed, put some make-up on and walk to school (about a 7 minute walk).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't care about makeup. Even if it's a party I literally only use eyeliner cuz that's my favourite. People need to stop trying to go with what everyone else is doing. Just cuz most girls start to wear makeup doesn't mean we all have too. I don't even get why girls middle school girls wear makeup. Like wtf??! Get ur head straight. U aren't even of age. Not hating on people who use makeup just saying what I think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Takes me 45minutes, and that consists of primer, foundation or bb cream (depending on how bad my face is) some concealer, mascara, sometimes eyeliner or very light eyeshadow, and then brows
Was this helpful? Yes 0

0 mins. i wake up 10 mins before i leave for school so no time or desire for putting chemicals on my face
Was this helpful? Yes 1

There are organic options
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Limited organic options. Plus i dont have that much money to spend on good quality makeup products. The time issue will never be solved, i value sleep more than my appearance
Was this helpful? Yes 2

^^^ one of my fav responses EVER
Was this helpful? Yes 0