yconic - How much time does it take for a high school girl to put on makeup?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How much time does it take for a high school girl to put on makeup?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
How much time does it take for a girl to put on makeup?
And what time do you guys get up to put makeup on?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
55 replies

For me, like 5-10 minutes if im trying, lol, usually like 2 if i dont,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have first period spare, so class starts at 9:40 for me so I usually get up at 8:30 so that I have 10 min just to do my brows and another 10 minute for foundation and mascara. If I have extra time or feel like doing a little more I also add some highlight on my cheekbones. So in total it takes me just about 20-25 minutes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wake up at like 7:30, roll around in bed a bit before actually getting up at 7:50, eat breakfast and do a bit of eyeliner/mascara in around 10 minutes. I haven't tried actual full face makeup like powder and foundation and whatnot... haven't learned how to do that yet LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It takes about five minutes for me.  I put on minimal amounts of mascara, lotion when skin is dry, and lip gloss sometimes. I wake up at 6:00, but makeup doesn't factor into how early I wake up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It all depends on how much time I have left after I wake up and take a shower. If I have 30 mins, I'll utilize it in the best way possible. Sadly, being a senior in high school means late nights and early mornings so I pretty much only have time to do my eyebrows or chuck on lip balm or gloss.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

THIS morning I woke up at 6:55 AM and had to get ready and everything to catch my bus at 7:15 AM (it is a 5 min walk to the bus stop)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well make up for school or work I usually stick to the basics, foundation, lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. This usually takes 15 minutes, so in the morning i decide whether im doing my mke up or im going to sit on my phone for that time instead staying warm in bed. But for events and things that i go all out for, it takes me usually 30 minutes unless i curl my hair ( I have long think hair so that takes a while). that is with contouring and blush, eye brows and eye shadow with the basics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Like maximum 2 minutes for me tbh !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

20 to 40 minutes depending on if I try to do a cats eye on myself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

maybe 30 mins.., used to be an hour
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Depends on the amount of makeup you put on. Roughly 30 -45 minutes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It usually takes me around 20mins for a full face of makeup (foundation, concealer, eyeliner, subtle bronzer, blush, lipstick)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you keep practicing your favourite look consistently, I'm pretty sure you can nail the look down in less than twenty minutes. I s*** you not, it takes me less than 20 minutes to do a light contour, put on falsies + eyeliner, and all the other stuff with spare time to quickly brush my hair. 

If you get a ride to school by the way, consider using some of that time to apply makeup. (E.g. I do my mascara + highlighting in the car sometimes).

Btw I don't like how some people put down other girls for wearing makeup, just let us live! It's an art, and I enjoy putting it on. Don't give me the confidence and sleeping c***, I'm doing this for me and I enjoy having the extra time in the morning for myself and patting this stuff on lol
If a girl chooses to cake her face and you don't, good for you, don't shame anyone else for doing it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I love makeup and all but I love sleep more :) Props to everybody who takes the time and effort to look nice at school- you guys are goals af.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

for usually 5-10 minutes, though i dont use face makeup. i get up at 7am and leave my house at 8, and if i take the bus, i get up at 6:50 and leave at 7:35.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

for all my face makeup (foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara) it takes me maybe 10 minutes but if I'm in a hurry I can do it in less than 5 minutes - it just won't look as good lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0