yconic - How much will Euclid help me to get in F.A.R.M.?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How much will Euclid help me to get in F.A.R.M.?

A photo of JonnyJon JonnyJon
ay guys as u all know its the euclid contest this morning.
i felt quite comfortable with the questions except for the part B of 9 and 10
and accidentally made a mistake on 8A

so i guess i can at least get an 80 and 85 at most.
mhmm so am wondering now how much can an 80 in euclid help me as i am applying to Math/Financial Analysis of waterloo.
My average is only 87 which i assume is not quite enough for the program.
I do have lots of EC activities, but does math faculty really care ECs?
(cause my ECs are not related to math)
so i wonder if i have a chance now after the contest?

and... does anyone know when will we know our score of Euclid?
tnx and good luck all :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
If you were smart, you would know that the booklet says not to discuss questions online
for 48 hours, mabye that is how you got the time wrong. Also you should note that international students do the test tomorrow.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChronosKey ChronosKey
You shouldn't be posting questions like this this early. People outside of the Americas write the contest tomorrow, and there may be special circumstances where other students have to write the contest as well.

Regardless, that score is very good and yes UW cares about ECs. You might have a chance getting in now, or you may be deferred to a similar, but also very good math program =] Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS
If they find out who your are, then you may have just gotten yourself disqualified. Now, that will really affect your admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx

@LindaS wrote
If they find out who your are, then you may have just gotten yourself disqualified. Now, that will really affect your admission.

Omg calm down, he was just ignorant and didn't read the instructions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Lol you guys are pu$$ies. Last year the entire Euclid was uploaded on this site and we had a full 10-20 page discussion on solutions the day of the exam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx

@immaculatedx wrote
Lol you guys are pu$$ies. Last year the entire Euclid was uploaded on this site and we had a full 10-20 page discussion on solutions the day of the exam.

Heyy, nothing wrong with pussies
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@immaculatedx wrote

I'm waiting for someone to do this already please...
I think this year's was a little harder than last year's, although I feel like I prepared better this year so I got a little better.
SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@iliketurtles wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

I think this year's was a little harder than last year's, although I feel like I prepared better this year so I got a little better.
SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS

Yeah last year's was really easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit

@immaculatedx wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS

@iliketurtles wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS

I dont want to release to much info but i found that this year's was easier than last year's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@Bscit wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS

@iliketurtles wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

SOMEONE UPLOAD IT PLS

I dont want to release to much info but i found that this year's was easier than last year's.

Really? How did you do last year? Unless that was the info you didn't want to release :P
I'm pretty sure I aced everything from #1-8 with the exception of one math error (added a wrong number, :( lol) but 9 and 10 had me sitting there for over an hour just staring. Eventually wrote down some reasoning for #9b (just ratios of triangles and stuff) and did 10a. 9a and 10b I didn't even write anything lollllllll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonnyJon JonnyJon
wowowo... sorries i didnt mean to be unfair... >_>
that was my bad....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela

@iliketurtles wrote

Really? How did you do last year? Unless that was the info you didn't want to release :P
I'm pretty sure I aced everything from #1-8 with the exception of one math error (added a wrong number, :( lol) but 9 and 10 had me sitting there for over an hour just staring. Eventually wrote down some reasoning for #9b (just ratios of triangles and stuff) and did 10a. 9a and 10b I didn't even write anything lollllllll

OMG haha yea, I just stared at question 10 too. Some grade 11 kid finished the contest in 40 minutes and everyone was just staring at him... ugh, I don't think I want to go to Waterloo math anymore.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@immaculatedx wrote

LOL.

GOOD TIMES

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0