yconic - How should i prepare?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How should i prepare?

A photo of Seto909 Seto909
Hello, I am just curious about how to prepare for univeristy. I am in grade 10 currently and my average is around 95. Im from new brunswick so my guess the education is a lot easier than out west. That really puts some pressure on my shoulders though, i really dont want to be unprepared for when i attend university. I played on the football team this year and will until i graduate, play sports during the summer, and attended some speech and math competitions. I hope im not going off track here i just want a overview on how to be prepared with my education and my extra-curricular activities. Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Just keep your marks up and get involved in extra-curricular activities that you enjoy. I doubt the New Brunswick education system is that much easier than any other school system, I wouldn't worry too much. What universities do you want to apply to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't really have a definite choice right now. I am either looking to attend Dalhousie or a big university towards the west. If I can get into a prestigious school that would be excellent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Why care about prestige? What are you planning to study?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am planning to go into sciences. I just want help on just general stuff not specific like what should I expect, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moonlight moonlight
You are doing just fine. I am in grade 12 right now and since grade 9, my average has been 90 and to me that's good enough to get into universities. My cousin had the same average in high school and she got accepted in SFU (Simon Fraser University). She applied for Bachelor of Science. Don't forget to volunteer and contribute a good amount of time in the community. When you decide on a specific job, try finding volunteer work/programs that relate to your job, that will give you an advantage on your application and you will learn a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0