yconic - How to apply for courses at Laurier?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to apply for courses at Laurier?

A photo of universityapplier universityapplier
I got accepted to econ and accounting and was wondering where i should go to register for courses?
I havent got a package, just the OUAC website thing
HELP?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Here we go. Pay attention.

1. Undergraduate Calendar

2. Application Guide- What you would get if you accepted your offer (this is the course selection guide, extremely useful, large PDF file that you will click on link to download)

3. LORIS Dynamic Schedule- You can check how many people are signed up for each class/lab, what building they are in, etc.

And

[quote=g93]What you must take:

First Term: BU111 (Intro to Business Organizations), EC120 (Microeconomics), and a math/calculus course, which is either MA129 (Super-Easy), MA103 (Harder, must get above 70 on CPE), and MA110 (harder, 1.0 credit- full year), and 1.0 non-business electives (generally two classes).

Second Term: BU121 (Functional Areas of Organizations), EC140 (Macroeconomics), and 1.5 non-business electives (generally 3 classes).

There are NO business electives.

SL100 (Social Welfare)- online, 1.0 credit within one term (score!), insanely easy, 3 essays and an exam, people with 70s in HS Eng get A's)
GG102 (Human Geography)- easy, moderately interesting
CP102 (computers)- really easy, somewhat useful
AS101- easy, moderately interesting
PS101/PS102/PS100 (Psych)- fairly easy, sometimes interesting, more memorization

(might add more later)[/quote]Remember that you will have labs or tutorials (eg math/calc will, geography, a few others). They are about an hour or hour and a half long, and the size of a high school class, and more interactive, often taught by TAs. BU111 and BU121 labs will be scheduled in the first week of class.

As for math/calc
MA129- Really easy, repeat of AF/Grade 12 calc
MA103- hard, must get at least a 70 on the CPE
MA110- fairly hard, 1.0 credit (two terms)

Look at #2
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You have your student ID number and password. That's all you need.

What you have to do is keep trying to log onto LORIS. I accepted their offer on a Saturday and it took 6 days before I could log-in. The reason for this is because OUAC has to send the confirmation to Laurier, then Laurier has to authorize you the account.

Once you get on that, it's pretty easy and straightforward to register. Have you checked Laurier's course calendar yet (link #2 by g93)? It has the times and dates for classes next year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Here we go. Pay attention.

1. Undergraduate Calendar

2. Application Guide- What you would get if you accepted your offer (this is the course selection guide, extremely useful, large PDF file that you will click on link to download)

3. LORIS Dynamic Schedule- You can check how many people are signed up for each class/lab, what building they are in, etc.

And

@g93 wrote
What you must take:

First Term: BU111 (Intro to Business Organizations), EC120 (Microeconomics), and a math/calculus course, which is either MA129 (Super-Easy), MA103 (Harder, must get above 70 on CPE), and MA110 (harder, 1.0 credit- full year), and 1.0 non-business electives (generally two classes).

Second Term: BU121 (Functional Areas of Organizations), EC140 (Macroeconomics), and 1.5 non-business electives (generally 3 classes).

There are NO business electives.

SL100 (Social Welfare)- online, 1.0 credit within one term (score!), insanely easy, 3 essays and an exam, people with 70s in HS Eng get A's)
GG102 (Human Geography)- easy, moderately interesting
CP102 (computers)- really easy, somewhat useful
AS101- easy, moderately interesting
PS101/PS102/PS100 (Psych)- fairly easy, sometimes interesting, more memorization

(might add more later)

emember that you will have labs or tutorials (eg math/calc will, geography, a few others). They are about an hour or hour and a half long, and the size of a high school class, and more interactive, often taught by TAs. BU111 and BU121 labs will be scheduled in the first week of class.

As for math/calc
MA129- Really easy, repeat of AF/Grade 12 calc
MA103- hard, must get at least a 70 on the CPE
MA110- fairly hard, 1.0 credit (two terms)

Look at #2

thank you I have all my courses down

You have your student ID number and password. That's all you need.

What you have to do is keep trying to log onto LORIS. I accepted their offer on a Saturday and it took 6 days before I could log-in. The reason for this is because OUAC has to send the confirmation to Laurier, then Laurier has to authorize you the account.

Once you get on that, it's pretty easy and straightforward to register. Have you checked Laurier's course calendar yet (link #2 by g93)? It has the times and dates for classes next year.

you mean the username and sh*t you get from registering to laurier? i accepted it on OUAC already and i dont know what to do know, i have all my courses written down
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@universityapplier wrote
you mean the username and sh*t you get from registering to laurier? i accepted it on OUAC already and i dont know what to do know, i have all my courses written down

Yeah just keep trying to log in and you should be able to by Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at the lastest. If you still can't login on Friday give them a call.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81 wrote

@universityapplier wrote

Yeah just keep trying to log in and you should be able to by Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at the lastest. If you still can't login on Friday give them a call.

oh so your talking about how it says how i am "unauthorized"
thanks dude!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@universityapplier wrote

@Username81 wrote

@universityapplier wrote

oh so your talking about how it says how i am "unauthorized"
thanks dude!

Yeah I know it's a pain in the @$$ lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0