yconic - How to be successful in the business school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to be successful in the business school?

A photo of Businessman Businessman
What are you doing in order to be more knowledgeable and successful than your classmates?

- I read business books
- I research about businesses
- I am trying to follow the stock market
- I read biographies of people who succeeded in business and I try to find out why they succeeded
- I am thinking about buying textbooks from universities which have strong business schools.

This summer I've read around 10 business books which I grabbed from the public library. They all were very interesting. Especially the investment books. I have learned lots of new stuff in the past 2 months. These books are written for professionals who want to learn a little extra information about business and how it works.
I've no idea how that new knowledge is going to help me in my studies.

Cheers
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well it's not going to hurt you.

Not gonna lie, I've just been focusing on enjoying my summer although I've reviewed some key grade 12 concepts as well as briefly touched upon some new ones.

But what you're doing is great - shows great initiative and desire to do well. Plus you've found it interesting :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@Businessman wrote
What are you doing in order to be more knowledgeable and successful than your classmates?

- I read business books
- I research about businesses
- I am trying to follow the stock market
- I read biographies of people who succeeded in business and I try to find out why they succeeded
- I am thinking about buying textbooks from universities which have strong business schools.

This summer I've read around 10 business books which I grabbed from the public library. They all were very interesting. Especially the investment books. I have learned lots of new stuff in the past 2 months. These books are written for professionals who want to learn a little extra information about business and how it works.
I've no idea how that new knowledge is going to help me in my studies.

Cheers

Seems like you have the drive and interest for business school. Make sure to work hard. Also take time to relax...not saying your not relaxing. It just helps to think clearly. To answer " What are you doing in order to be more knowledgeable and successful than your classmates? " I would say not to think about it...just remember that this is what you want to be doing for rest of you life...you'll find that it will motivate you concentrate.

^All of what I said is from high school experience...In not sure how it will actually be in uni.

Good Luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SauFung SauFung
In addition to studying hard, be sure to get involved and network throughout your undergrad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0