yconic - How to forward my marks to OUAC/Universities?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to forward my marks to OUAC/Universities?

A photo of Dope Dope
I'm in grade 12 right now, but not taking next semester as I only need 1-2 courses
I'm going to take night school and an online course if I need it

My question is how do I get my marks sent over to OUAC or the universities so that they can see I'm taking night school/online school?

On the OUAC site it says its my responsibility but I am lost as to how I am supposed to do this

Any help appreciated, thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of napinhei napinhei
Just need some clarification because I have different answers for you depending on the situation...

Are you planning on applying to universities now for Fall 2012 and taking those courses online/night school during what would have been your second semester?

Or taking your sweet time and applying for Fall 2013?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dope Dope

@napinhei wrote
Just need some clarification because I have different answers for you depending on the situation...

Are you planning on applying to universities now for Fall 2012 and taking those courses online/night school during what would have been your second semester?

Or taking your sweet time and applying for Fall 2013?

I've applied already and plan on going to university fall of 2012
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, in that case, unless you are certain you can and will get your course(s) finished by April, I wouldn't recommend you follow through with this. Though, considering it is mid-January, it is probably too late for that...

In any case...

Here are two possible scenerios based on what you've told me.

If you finish your course(s) by April, you should have enough time. I did a course online at Virtual High School. I cannot remember if they automatically send grades to your high school or if you have to ask them to because I was in a difficult situation and had to call them to send my marks ASAP. Either way, once you've found where you want to do the courses, ask them whether they send them automatically to your high school or whether you have to request that when you're finished.

Once you're done, they will send it. I don't know if it is electronic, but I'm pretty sure it is not based on how long it took to get things sorted out, which is why you need to be finished by April. If this is the case, your high school will receive the marks as I said, and they will forward your transcript automatically at the end of the year as though you were still enrolled there.

If you don't think you will be finished in time, you will need to call them and let them know what you are doing. Some universities will not accept late marks/marks completed over the summer. Those that do accept them require them before the beginning of August. Again, remember to give a decent amount of time for the universities to receive your grades so finish at least two weeks before the deadline. At that point, you will have to have that night or online school forward your grades directly to the university. Your high school grades should be sent automatically because - I assume - you already have your high school transcript requested to be sent in June.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dope Dope
I will have been out of my school by next semester, meaning that they no longer hold any responsibility for forwarding my marks to ouac
Was this helpful? Yes 0

But since you applied while in school, had you not set it up already to have your school send your transcript? Either way, it doesn't matter. You just phone up your school, ask for the guidance office. Tell them that you're applying to university and would like your transcript forwarded. You will likely have to pay a fee.

If you finish before April, the night/online school will send the grade to your graduating high school to place that on your transcript. If this is the case, do as I mentioned above.

If you don't finish by April, do as I mentioned above anyway. Then after you've finished, ask the online/night school to send your grade to the universities you applied to. Just make sure, as I said, to call the universities and let them know you will be completing a credit/credits late to make sure they are okay with that.

Trust me. I, too, am applying after finishing high school and also taken an online course over the summer. My experience was that the online school sent my grade too late even though I finished on time. This is why I am applying out of high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0