yconic - How to get an 80 for economics?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to get an 80 for economics?

A photo of AngelRider123 AngelRider123
I really don't get how to get an 80% for economics. I mean, I have done all the assignments and the readings that my teachers throws at but the calculations that I trying working on doesn't seem to make any sense and I am really nervous about that course because I need it for my top 6. I am getting right now a 63% but I think it already drop because I did fail three of my tests that my teacher gave out. I don't really get why I keep on failing. I do really well for the assignments, all in the 80s but for tests and calculations, I can't do it for some reason. I am really worry if it will drop even more. How can I get my mark up to an 80?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23

@AngelRider123 wrote
I really don't get how to get an 80% for economics. I mean, I have done all the assignments and the readings that my teachers throws at but the calculations that I trying working on doesn't seem to make any sense and I am really nervous about that course because I need it for my top 6. I am getting right now a 63% but I think it already drop because I did fail three of my tests that my teacher gave out. I don't really get why I keep on failing. I do really well for the assignments, all in the 80s but for tests and calculations, I can't do it for some reason. I am really worry if it will drop even more. How can I get my mark up to an 80?

Economics is not an easy course, at least at my school, and it's probably the same way at your school too. An easier business course would be Business Leadership or International Business - just memorization (and you don't even need to study).

Economics is one of the hardest business courses along with Accounting and Finance, people going into business take these courses. It is a combination of theory, knowledge, and application - you need to know your stuff, and sometimes, even if you study, it is still hard.

Is it only the calculations you are having trouble at? Then practice those until you can get them 100% right, it's like math, keep practicing and practicing. Maybe you just don't get Economics, it is a bit difficult. I think you should drop it, don't waste your time on something you don't need it, and don't feel bad, Economics is not an easy course.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101
Same Economics at my school is the hardest business course you can take. I finished with a 79% and pretty much what i do is listen to his lecture and copy the notes in class then go home and find the topic in the textbook and write my own notes. Finally, I read the economist and try to apply what i learn to what is going on in the world. It helps you learn better. But that just me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MattUK MattUK
I can sympathise. Economics is not a course in which just one skill set can be employed. You cannot just rely on mathematical aptitude, or just rely on a good memory, and so on. You need the whole package to do well.

It all depends on how you approach the subject, I think. Instead of asking How does this work? or What does this do?, you need to ask: Why does this work?, Why does this do what it does? If you manage to understand the subject, there isn't so much of a burden placed on memorisation or mathematics. If it makes sense to you, Economics feels much more natural, and I can guarantee that you'll do much better in your courses.

Best of luck,
MattUK
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WhiteNoise WhiteNoise

@AngelRider123 wrote

Economics tends not to make sense to most intelligent individuals. This isn't because it is a complex subject, but rather because modern economics is based on a set of axioms that diverge so greatly from reality that most people with practical experience of how markets work would laugh at certain "results" or "theorems" derived by economists. Most of this is a direct result of the over-reliance of mathematics in modern economic analysis & modelling.

I have little to no respect for the field.
Was this helpful? Yes 0