yconic - How to get permission of a department to take a certain course?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to get permission of a department to take a certain course?

A photo of bonanza14 bonanza14
I'm going to UWO in the fall and am enrolled in a Social Science BA program. I would still want to take science courses such as Biology 1002A/B but in the course outlines it says that I need the permission of the Biology department. How do I go about getting the permission before I choose my schedule or do I get permission afterwards?
If I took all the science courses in grade 12, do I still need to get permission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies
A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Not sure how UWO works, but it's usually safer to obtain permission before, rather than after, you enroll in a course. Otherwise you risk getting kicked out of the course without warning. If you know the prof who's teaching the class(es) you want to take, e-mail him/her with your request. If not, I suggest contacting the undergraduate coordinator or someone in an equivalent position for further guidance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ktel ktel
Typically it's a form you have to fill out, and sometimes they make you wait to give students in their department first dibs. Contact the department and ask, easy enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0