yconic - How to prepare and study for tests??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to prepare and study for tests??

A photo of dr0g0np0w3r987 dr0g0np0w3r987
Can anyone give me some study tips and how i should study and better prepare myself for tests. Also, how do you do well on the scan tron section of the test(i always mess up in this section of the test which brings my marks down)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote
Can anyone give me some study tips and how i should study and better prepare myself for tests. Also, how do you do well on the scan tron section of the test(i always mess up in this section of the test which brings my marks down)

One tip I can give you is to have a good night of sleep before the day of the test. This may be pushing it but try to not study the day before. Also try teaching someone the concepts you are supposed to learn whether that be a younger/older sibling or a classmate. If scantron is what brings down your mark then leave it to the end. Finish the question you know the answers for sure. Then do the scantron. Also change your location of study and take breaks. For example if i was studyin one hour for history in my room then take a 10 min break next time you start studyin try sitting outside or in a different room. For some reason that helps me. Finally practice...I know alot of people look at questions and try doing them in there head...yes u may get it right but there are other factors which you can practice such as: speed and obviously you will gain confidence if u actually finish it. This is more common is math when people are too lazy to use graph paper to do graphin questions. I finished two grade 12 maths already...speed + confidence play a big role!!!

Finally...before the test aim to do well...set a strategy like doing the multiple choice first or do the graphing first.

Good luck...hope u do well :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I started getting perfect marks on multiple choice tests when I stopped overthinking and second guessing myself. 99% of the time my first answer was right, and if I changed it I would get the question wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0