yconic - How to study for two tests that will fall on the same day!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How to study for two tests that will fall on the same day!

A photo of Kaff Kaff
I've always struggled with this. Any pointers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Raeesa Raeesa
The way I do it is I study for half an hour on one subject and then take a break, and then study another half hour for the other subject. And then I just keep doing that. I'm really bad for studying on the day before the test, but that's when I do best :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Back in grade 12 what usually ended up happening to me is that i would end up studying really hard for 1 test then it would be like 11 pm and then be like **** and cram for the second test.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
I would just study one and then skip the other test, so that i can write it the next day which means you have more time to study the night before.

Probs not a good way? comments?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
My worst nightmare..I usually end up trying to start studying for both subjects earlier than I usually do and studying harder for the course I care more about/worth more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kaff Kaff

@Joshki wrote
I would just study one and then skip the other test, so that i can write it the next day which means you have more time to study the night before.

Lmao story of my life. Which is why I posted my question in the first place! But hey, great minds think alike in my opinion hahaha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I don't mind having a jammed exam schedule. It makes me incredibly efficient and I find switching from subject to subject is a nice mental break.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@Kaff wrote

@Joshki wrote

Lmao story of my life. Which is why I posted my question in the first place! But hey, great minds think alike in my opinion hahaha.

This would definitely not fly at my school. Even if you say you're sick, most teachers will require that you present a doctor's note. How do you get away with it??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kaff Kaff

@cherrypie725 wrote

@Kaff wrote

@Joshki wrote

This would definitely not fly at my school. Even if you say you're sick, most teachers will require that you present a doctor's note. How do you get away with it??

I've never had a teacher ask me for a doctor's note when I missed a test. Mind you, I don't skip my tests ALL the time. I've done so maybe five times in my high school life. All you need is an authorized note from your parent/guardian and you're set! Of course, it doesn't go that way if you miss an exam - that's when you need a doctor's note or an excuse such as the death of a family member.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Kaff wrote

@cherrypie725 wrote

@Kaff wrote

@Joshki wrote

I've never had a teacher ask me for a doctor's note when I missed a test. Mind you, I don't skip my tests ALL the time. I've done so maybe five times in my high school life. All you need is an authorized note from your parent/guardian and you're set! Of course, it doesn't go that way if you miss an exam - that's when you need a doctor's note or an excuse such as the death of a family member.

yep yep, but here at my school, teachers are more reluctant, i can just walk into the classroom a day after the test and say i was sick or had an appointant, and the teacher will just arrange another day for me to write the test. FYI, its usually not the day i come back, usually 1-2 days later ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@Joshki wrote
yep yep, but here at my school, teachers are more reluctant, i can just walk into the classroom a day after the test and say i was sick or had an appointant, and the teacher will just arrange another day for me to write the test. FYI, its usually not the day i come back, usually 1-2 days later ;)

Nothing against you personally, but it's stuff like this that really makes me wonder when I see people on here posting that they have 100% in like 3 subjects.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kaff Kaff

@cherrypie725 wrote

@Joshki wrote

Nothing against you personally, but it's stuff like this that really makes me wonder when I see people on here posting that they have 100% in like 3 subjects.

I'll be the first one to admit that I really have to clean up my act for next year lmao. Honestly though, high school's a joke so it's nothing to question really.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LaurenNeves1 LaurenNeves1
Well, most of the time one of the two tests won't need much studying to ace, anyway. For example languages. I never study for Spanish (though I did need to study for English and French Lit, however, those aren't exactly qualified as "language" courses...) because what's there to study? It's all just reading and comprehension. When it comes to memorization, though, for example History-Geography, Social Studies, Bio, etc., these subjects should be your HIGHEST PRIORITY when it comes to studying. Otherwise you'll end up having to face an essay topic, let's say entitled "The Cold War 1947-1991" and you'll have absolutely no detailed background to write your damn exam!
So, study what you know least, is all I have to say.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0