yconic - how will i be able to pull off a high gpa with this schedule -_-
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

how will i be able to pull off a high gpa with this schedule -_-

A photo of zefyre zefyre
Monday: two lectures one is at 9am-11am and the other one is at 4pm-5pm.
Tuesday: class at 10am-11am, lecture from 3pm-4pm and lecture from 6pm-7pm
wednesday: 1 lecture from 9am-11am phew
Thursday(oh ****): 3 lectures in a row. starts at 8am and the third lecture ends at 2pm. another lecture that starts at 3pm and ends at 6pm
Friday: lecture from 9am-10am.

My brother told me i can move courses during the early weeks of september but till then I feel like I'll struggle a lot. These are mostly business related courses and one is an English Course.

I'm just really nervous about the workload, i'm taking six courses in both semesters. To get my major i need at least a 2.67gpa. Is that hard to get in Uni?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
That is not hard to achieve at all, it's basically a C average. Your schedule isn't too bad, Thursday is a bit busy but most people have 1 really busy day. At least you end early on Friday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
That is not hard to achieve at all, it's basically a C average. Your schedule isn't too bad, Thursday is a bit busy but most people have 1 really busy day. At least you end early on Friday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
If youre 1st yr and that schedule was given to you, there should be like some enrollment period ( from late Augustto sept.) when u can switch up ur classes. Personally, I abhor 8 o'clock classes, especially during winter... you really don't wanna go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Why are you taking 6 classes? Most people take 5 unless you are in engineering. Your schedule looks really easy to me. I had 6 classes in my first year of engineering but a lot of them had labs too - so WAY more class time per week. A C average should be definitely attainable, and you should be able to get even higher
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Rela Rela
http://i.imgur.com/5vYET.jpg

At least you aren't my friend, he won't be Wednesday person after this semester!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@ktel wrote
Why are you taking 6 classes? Most people take 5 unless you are in engineering.

Was just going to say this. If you're so worried, why don't you drop something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Rela wrote

At least you aren't my friend, he won't be Wednesday person after this semester!

UBC Engineering is going to kill him.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@prmly wrote

@Rela wrote

UBC Engineering is going to kill him.

haha, this. i lol at you thinking your course load is too heavy. im transferring into second year engineering (civil) at ubc, and since im a transfer student, i need to take a few additional courses to make up for different first years. to summarise - im taking somewhere in the realm of 16-18 courses this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0