yconic - How will I be treated with these credits?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How will I be treated with these credits?!

A photo of carfreak95 carfreak95
Hey guys, I'm a grade 11 student.

I want to go into either civil engineering (UofT or Waterloo)
OR
Business (Schulich or nothing)

Now I was wondering, does anyone know how universities treat these specific credits:

1. Summerschool
2. Virtual School (during summerschool, for English)
3. Private School (for gr.12 physics)

Just a bit about myself, I'm a hard working student and currently have a 93 average with: chemistry, accounting, gr. 12 law, and fitness. I have a few nice extra curricular activities such as exec of 2 clubs, sports teams, and general member of other clubs.

Does anyone know how I'll get treated by universities with private school and virtual school credits?

Thanks a lot!

p.s. I wanted to post this on the engineering section of the forum as well, but I'm not sure if I should copy this and post it on to engineering. New to the forum :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Topiary Topiary
Universities don't care. Just make sure you're well prepared.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Topiary wrote

Thanks for your response. What makes you so confident though?

I hear harder programs in UofT and Waterloo Engineering/Business do not like those out of day school credits, but they do not write down what they will do about it.
Does anyone know anyone who had a high average with summer/private/virtual school and DID or DID NOT get in?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Topiary wrote

Not true. Waterloo ranks different high schools. If that school is just a mark-farm, Waterloo will consider that your 90 from that school is pretty worthless. The other schools don't care (at this time).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@Topiary wrote

Not true. Waterloo ranks different high schools. If that school is just a mark-farm, Waterloo will consider that your 90 from that school is pretty worthless. The other schools don't care (at this time).

Are you talking about public high schools? If yes, then does it make my chance better knowing my high school is ranked 5/750 in Ontario for academics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@Topiary wrote

Are you talking about public high schools? If yes, then does it make my chance better knowing my high school is ranked 5/750 in Ontario for academics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@carfreak95 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@Topiary wrote

I think they rank all high schools. And they have their own rankings which I don't think they make public. What they look at is the performance of students from different high schools in their universities. For example, if one student had a 95 admission average when he got into Waterloo and then started getting low 50s in university, the high school he is from would get a low rank. They would look at the average of all students though. Anyways, I heard this from the teachers in my old high school. Our math department used to get letters from Queen's and UofT, thanking our teachers for preparing our students well and giving them a fair mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ah thats interesting. So it makes your chances better if students from your school did well in the university?
Was this helpful? Yes 0